Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 7:24:10 PM EDT
I couldn't find it. I was looking for an excuse to post these two cutaway scans. Obviously, one of the scans is missing a piece and my patch job leaves a little something to be desired but it's a great excuse for guys with a Z06 to offer to loan their cars to other members or to just talk about the new 'Vette.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy Shit.

I didn't know the 427 they're re-introducing was a small block.

That's impressive C.I. for a mouse motor.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Holy Shit.

I didn't know the 427 they're re-introducing was a small block.

That's impressive C.I. for a mouse motor.

WIZZO

Guess what it gets for mileage (EPA estimate).
19/28
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Whhheeeeeee Dawggies!!

I wonder if they're gonna offer a retro-fit kit for an 1984 Blazer.

That's twice (almost 3 times highway) the damn mileage I'm getting now.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The new Z is as impressive in person as in the numbers it's putting down.  I had a chance to see the debut at the Jan. 2004 LA Auto Show and its stance is quite aggressive.  It may have some resemblance to the stock Vette, but it's another animal underneath.  Recently, Hans Stuck broke the record at the Nurburgring previously held by a Porsche GT3!  Not too shabby for a pushrod small block!

I'll be trading this one in for a C6 Z in a couple years:

Here are a few pics from the GM Media Kit:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another blurb from the latest Road & Track on the non-Z06 variant C6

Thunder Road: The Standing Mile
Chevrolet Corvette
Speed at 1 mile:  154.0 mph — 14th
Time to 1 mile:  32.7 sec — 14th

In the real world of everyday driving, the new C6 Corvette, with its small-block 400-bhp aluminum V-8, is an incredibly potent car, especially when fitted with a 6-speed manual gearbox and sport-tuned Z51 suspension. But in this heady cast of luminaries, the Vette has trouble shining. Even so, Millen is impressed:

"It does the mile so simply. It has good traction, and a nice gearbox. We did the run in the Competitive Driving Mode, and it was quite effortless. No drama whatsoever. It's an easy car to launch, and at speed there were absolutely no problems with stability."

In all, a fine performance by Chevrolet's sports car, and in the last 100 ft. of the mile, it pulls 0.05g in 5th gear, meaning it's still accelerating on the way to its top speed of 186 mph. Another statistic of note: The Vette averages 100.1 mph in its mile...not bad when you consider the standing start.

Curb weight 3179 lb
Horsepower 400 bhp
Pounds per horsepower 7.9
Gearbox 6-speed manual
Tires Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar EMT;P245/40ZR-18 f, P285/35ZR-19 r
Catalytic converters yes

www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=2572&page_number=2
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
You can't  get close to that mileage with a WRX STI. my friend has a GTO 05 and he gets 26 on a highway trip with the 6 speed.. The covette is the most aerodynamic car ever made in america.
I saw an old dude driving a z06 today. Gramps made me proud. he was nailing it every light. driving it the way it was supposed to be driven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top