Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 3:53:48 AM EDT
I thought it was pretty interesting.  I loved my 87' Toyota Pick-up.  That thing took a beating and kept on running.

I wonder if the diesel is the same?

New Toyota Diesel
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Third worlders seem to love them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:25:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Slap a veggie oil conversion kit in that thing and you're off.

Sweet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Next year Toyota is supposed to sell a "heavy duty" p/u here with possibly a diesel option.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Available in North America? when?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Next year Toyota is supposed to sell a "heavy duty" p/u here with possibly a diesel option.  

By "heavy duty" I am sure they mean 1/2 ton.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Combat_Jack, I don't know what they mean.  

legalese, IIRC it's coming out in '06.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Slap a veggie oil conversion kit in that thing and you're off. farm diesel and a quiet muffler.

Sweet.

Benefits of living in the boonies.

My dad paid for half of his work truck in the tax savings in the couple years he had it by running only farm diesel through it

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard it's supposed to be a 3/4 ton. There was talk that they would be using the navistar 6-cylinder that Ford passed on, but that was a while back.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Toyota is opening a new plant in Texas. They are gonna make 3/4 and 1 tons with a diesel motor. Suppose to have a heavy duty out in 07.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
The IRC and several other NGOs used these in the Balkans when I was there - think 1980's boxy Landcruiser with diesel and river fording kit/snorkel. Cat's ass!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top