Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 4:39:12 PM EDT
i need to replace my vehicle - i currently drive a high mileage GMC pickup for work and personal use.
i need to have a 4 door, 4wd vehicle with enough ground clearance to cover rough construction sites.   occaisionally i have to ride others around on site.    also, it'll be a high mileage vehicle for me - drive a lot for work.
and i need as high of gas mileage figures as i can find - naturally.

is the santa fe a good choice - i mean have they been dependable vehicles thus far for you owners?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO its a Hyundai so i dont trust them to begin with...had an Elantra years ago and it was shit.

but people say Hyundai's quality has improved a lot so who knows...

gas mileage is only 18/23 also...not that good.

have you looked at the Xterra, RAV4, or CR-V...just a couple more choices.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, i was looking at the RAV4 at first.  a brother in law works at hyundai though!

i was even thinking about just getting another 1500 sierra 4wd pickup - mine currently gets pretty decent on the highway - about 18-19 - for a full sized truck.  but i really have to baby it to get that.

i'll give the RAV4 another look.  thanks.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]

There is a reason why Hyundai has that kick-ass warranty.
They are great looking trucks, but not up to the quality standards of the Japanese manufacturers.

I have a Subaru Forester, all wheel drive, roomy, pretty good mileage.
Sort of a in between wagon and SUV car.
12 inches clearence, yet my 6 yr old can get in without a step ladder.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ETA..a buddy owns an Xterra and it's a pig on gas.

the Xterra gets the same as the Santa Fe...give or take 1 mpg.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IMO its a Hyundai so i dont trust them to begin with...had an Elantra years ago and it was shit.

+100000000000000000000
I too had an Elantra sometime back a "preowned" 98 I think and when it rained even lightly that car would slide everywhere, even when already stopped lol. One evening I was out  joy-riding and it JUST started to rain I took this curve ahead of me at "no shit" 10mph no speed limit warning posted for it just a regular curve I slid off the road and into a womans yard that had what looked like a railroad tie in it my cars passanger wheels hit it I thought I was gonna flip. everyone I know that has ever owned one of these says the same thing it is a waste of money and a danger to your safety and anyone whom rides with you. also about 3 months after owning it I had to replace an airbag sensor,an Oxygen sensor,a relay, 3 fuses and had a diagnostic test done at the delarship with the estimated repairs costing well over $3k thats almost what I paid for it.Not worth it ever again they can take their NC plant and FOAD [/rantmode off]

ps The Hyundai plant is in NC right??
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+100000000000000000000
I too had an Elantra sometime back a "preowned" 98 I think and when it rained even lightly that car would slide everywhere, even when already stopped lol. One evening I was out  joy-riding and it JUST started to rain I took this curve ahead of me at "no shit" 10mph no speed limit warning posted for it just a regular curve I slid off the road and into a womans yard that had what looked like a railroad tie in it my cars passanger wheels hit it I thought I was gonna flip. everyone I know that has ever owned one of these says the same thing it is a waste of money and a danger to your safety and anyone whom rides with you. also about 3 months after owning it I had to replace an airbag sensor,an Oxygen sensor,a relay, 3 fuses and had a diagnostic test done at the delarship with the estimated repairs costing well over $3k thats almost what I paid for it.Not worth it ever again they can take their NC plant and FOAD [/rantmode off]

ps The Hyundai plant is in NC right??

MS.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top