Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:20:01 PM EDT
My friend has a bucik century. The brake lights will occasionally stay on after the car is turned off, the lights then kill her battery. The first time this happened I jiggled the hell out of the brake pedal, and the lights went off. It just happened again last night, I jumped the car then she drove home. What should I look for to fix? Is there a brake light switch attached to the pedal that could be sticking?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a similar problem with my '89 Century.  It ended up being a bad parking light switch, but since my front blinkers were smashed from an accident I didn't notice that they were "on" as well.  I put up with it for a couple of weeks until the insurance company decided the car wasn't worth fixing and I replaced it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Most likely a sticking brake light switch on hte Century.  It'll be making contact with the brake pedal assembly when depressed.  Careful, the shift interlock switch will also be up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top