Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 5:35:32 PM EDT
There was a car show across the street from my parents house a few weeks ago.  My dad was going to be out of town so he asked if I wanted to enter his car in the show for him.  A bunch of my friends had their cars there so I thought it would be fun to bring his there too.  He was just leaving when I went to pick it up, he said he was sick of seeing it just sit in the garage and he didnt want me to return it for at least 2 months.  

It won 1st place in the classic import class.

The car is a '65 MG Midget.  He bought it as a rusted out smashed up shell and spent the last 10 years fixing it up.  I helped a little, it's hard when we live 30 miles apart.  I rebuilt the transmission last winter.

I went over to my parents house last weekend for my birthday, they handed my a birthday card and inside it was the title to the car.  I still can't believe it.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, your Dad must have alot of respect for you.

That's very cool. take care of it and hand it to your son one day
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool  Eli
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!  That's a sweet piece of machinery, but the fact that your father's time and heart went into restoring it makes it priceless.  Enjoy it!

Woody
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool. Your dad's hard work paid off, the car looks great.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
your dad is kewl! I stand to inherit my Pops 1947 Chevy Coupe, but I gotta wait. Her ain't ready to give it up yet.
jj
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]
thats pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top