Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 6:40:58 PM EDT
I need a trailer for my quad. Its about 600 lbs and Ive found a couple places that sell them locally.

The first is from harbor freight. Its a foldable trailer "HEAVY DUTY 1175 LB. CAPACITY 4 FT. x 8 FT." and is $250. I would need to add a wood floor but I like the fact that it can fold for storage. I dont like the fact that its from harbor freight and Im not sure it would hold up good.

harbor freight trailer

The other one is from tractor supply co. Its about the same size but can haul more weight and comes with a diamond plate floor and side rails. It also looks like it has larger wheels maybe 12". Its $350. I would have more confindence that it would hold up longer than the trailer from harbor freight.

TSC trailor

Which one should I get? Anyone have one from HF? They sell the same trailers in Nothern Tool supply and they seem to have good stuff. Im just a little leary of HF.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say get the one from Tractor supply. I've seen the trailers they have, and they don't look half bad.

The same can't be said for anything I've seen from Harbor Freight, but I've never seen them offer a trailer before.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Heres a better pic of the trailer HF sells. This one is from northern though. It shows the trailer folded up.

www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=465468&R=465468
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd say get the one from Tractor supply. I've seen the trailers they have, and they don't look half bad.

The same can't be said for anything I've seen from Harbor Freight, but I've never seen them offer a trailer before.

WIZZO

Never mind. They have them in Princeton and Bloomington.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Never mind. They have them in Princeton and Bloomington.  

Grandparents used to live there.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I bought the folding one from HF. The fact that it folds up and that it was over $100 cheaper sold me on it. I put it together tonight and am pretty happy overall with the construction. The axle is two hardened rods welded into a U shaped beam. I could easily beef that up at work if I had to as well as welding the frame together for more rigidity.

We'll see how she holds up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple of different trailers that I use. I have 3 Hondas I have to haul around

1.  28' Featherlite fully enclosed trailer
or
2. 14' Floe
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Always go with the bigger wheels if you ar going to use it on the highway.I got the HF trailer a few years ago for $199,but it stays on the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top