Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:06:55 AM EDT
Been looking at these bikes lately.  Wondering if any you you have any experience with them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a new 1300 VTX C in April. Too bad you can't check them out and ride 'em for 50 miles before you buy. I am too big physically for the bike. Nice bike, plenty of power, but it is built for an average size person. Trying to sell it for $8,000.00. I put the nice Honda studded bags and Honda windshield on it. It has a little over 400 mi. on it. I should have stuck w/ my orig. plan of looking for a used Goldwing, but I became too impatient.

I think Honda makes a very nice bike, and decent value for the money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a vtx1300c and i love it. Im 6' 215lbs and it fits me very well.  There are lots of aftermarket parts for it and right now im in the process of putting a 240 fat tire kit on it.

This will eat most harleys and rice burners with ease.
If u want a pic i could get one and email it to u.

Also i bought mine as a leftover 04 for 7500 out the door, so look around for leftovers cause 05 are exactly the same.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought a new 1300 VTX C in April. Too bad you can't check them out and ride 'em for 50 miles before you buy. I am too big physically for the bike. Nice bike, plenty of power, but it is built for an average size person. Trying to sell it for $8,000.00. I put the nice Honda studded bags and Honda windshield on it. It has a little over 400 mi. on it. I should have stuck w/ my orig. plan of looking for a used Goldwing, but I became too impatient.

I think Honda makes a very nice bike, and decent value for the money.

The VTX is a nice bike. The Goldwing is fecking awesome. I rode both back to back and while I havn't ridden too many cruisers I found the VTX didn't handle all that well and ran out of rpm's VERY quick. The Wing on the other hand felt like it shed 400 lbs as soon as you hit 15-20mph. It has loads of power and handles very well. Having said that if I were in the market for a cruiser I would consider the Roadstar Warrior, the VTX and the Valk (used of course).
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No offense but you are either out of your mind or just don't know what you are talking about. I don't doubt that it will out run most harleys but most "rice burners" (which technically the vtx is anyway so Ill assume you mean sport bikes) that are 600cc or more will uttery destroy it in any speed contest.  They are nice bikes no doubt but they are what they are and fast ain't it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
How can u compare a vtx and goldwing? Goldwing is a house on wheels and vtx is a cruiser.

Yes yamaha was on my list as well as harley. But i chose the more reliable and cheaper of the 3.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offense but you are either out of your mind or just don't know what you are talking about. I don't doubt that it will out run most harleys but most "rice burners" (which technically the vtx is anyway so Ill assume you mean sport bikes) that are 600cc or more will uttery destroy it in any speed contest.  They are nice bikes no doubt but they are what they are and fast ain't it.

Was thinking the exact same thing. 600cc sportbikes are easily 110whp 10 second bikes these days. Vs. any modern sportbike a VTX is going to get destroyed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#7]
no, rice burner = cannon mufflered cars that sound like a chainsaw.

You can in no way come close to a sport bike.  I used to have a zx9r and it would crush anything, but ive decided to get somthing different after test riding one at a show.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
no, rice burner = cannon mufflered cars that sound like a chainsaw.

You can in no way come close to a sport bike.  I used to have a zx9r and it would crush anything, but ive decided to get somthing different after test riding one at a show.

Ahh I see what you mean now. I most familiar with people using the term in reference to  japanese bikes. I would say that I would mostly agree with you on that then. There are some highly modified "rice burners" (cars) that are pretty fast but most of them are just slow noisy pieces of shit that can barely get out of their own way. If you were talking bikes then all bets are off. FWIW I have a CBR1100XX aka Blackbird so I can relate. Most people can't even comprehend how fast these bikes are.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the same thing when you said rice burner. Being that we were talking bikes and all. However there are a lot of 4 cylinder turbo cars on the road these days that will walk a VTX like a dog. But it is true that most are just Civics with a 10" muffler that sound like a weedwacker and run 18's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top