Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 6:50:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Heavy, with brakes that can't handle the extra weight.  Interesting cars but if you buy one make sure it's as a second car/hobby.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a Subaru fan, but not too sure of these cars.  Co-worker had one that the tranny nuked in.  She sold it rather than having it replaced.  Go with an Impreza or Legacy, otherwise look elsewere.  Below is a pic of my Subaru Impreza.

Subaru Impreza
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
As a mechanic at dealer I can tell you that the techs hate them - and not because they never need to come in for work.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting engines, (we've kicked around the idea of one in our open class rally car)
but they come with an junky auto tranny only.

Parts are just not there compared to other Subie models.

Overall, not one of their better efforts...

just my .02
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
At first, I thought you were talking about this:

Then I saw it was SVX

Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
They are very rare to see around although there is one I have seen for years near me. They were pretty pricey at the time and from all accounts they were nothing special and quite troublesome.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top