Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:49:55 AM EDT
What is it worth person to person sale?
2003 XB9S with 800 miles

What is the good and bad on these bikes?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on value. However, a buddy of mine owned a lightning. I think it's the same or similar. It was nice, but it would vibrate your eyes out of their sockets.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I nearly bought one the first year they were out and then I remembered something from car geometry.  A shortwheel base means you feel every bump on the road.  I decided I would buy something more comfortable were I buying a bike.

However, I live in a high traffic area so just bumming around town isn't fun and this bike did not look like even a decent highway bike.  But DAMN it is sharp looking and distinctive.  I think they are a buy if your riding situation permits.

shooter
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
groups.msn.com/harleytechtalk/techtalk5.msnw

Usually good info on harleys/buells here.  I think the frames changed in 03
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
For pricing, I'd look at what the going rate is, there's a few XB9S's for sale here:
cycletrader

For more info on the bike you can go here:
www.xb9s.com
Be sure to click on "mods" and check out the "Fire it up" video. I've never seen a bike that looked like that sound like that.

Another good resource is:
www.badweatherbikers.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top