Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 7:52:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You told me how solid they made your car feel last week. Were you just predicting their effects? Honestly any welder will weld subframe connectors in for like $50.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
How did you know how they felt before you installed them? I'm sorry but I hate guys that brag about mods they have on their cars which they are gonna get. Man my Nissan SER is awesome with that GT35RR Turbo. Makes 350whp and runs low 12's. Can't wait to install it.... SOMEDAY
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
You mention them taking care of the creaks and groans in your IROC in this thread ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=134&t=377077
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You told me how solid they made your car feel last week. Were you just predicting their effects? Honestly any welder will weld subframe connectors in for like $50.

Had a 2002 SS camaro. BIG mistake was getting it with t-tops. Driving to work i called it the "snap crackle and pop show" there was so much flex in the dash and front window area. Added subframes, but those helped little if at all. Eventually got rid of it due to that and lots of wind noise with the t-tops in place,which could not be fixed, and the t-tops rattleing as well. The Ls1 was a beast but the overall build quality was mediocre at best.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had a 2002 SS camaro. BIG mistake was getting it with t-tops. Driving to work i called it the "snap crackle and pop show" there was so much flex in the dash and front window area. Added subframes, but those helped little if at all. Eventually got rid of it due to that and lots of wind noise with the t-tops in place,which could not be fixed, and the t-tops rattleing as well. The Ls1 was a beast but the overall build quality was mediocre at best.

Sounds like you had a turd.  Did you get it new?  Sounds like it saw some track time, or some hard stoplight launches at least.  I put subframe connectors on mine about a month after I got it, no problems here.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Rainbow6 it does sound like you got a turd. I had a 99 WS.6 they all had T-tops and it was pretty damn solid especially compared to those crappy ass 3rd gens and it was at the track twice a week without subframe connectors. Mine just broke rear gears every couple of months Was it new? If not it sounds like you got an accident car. Yes I have taken out the center console in a couple of 3rd gens. Yes it is a bitch
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I had an '02 SS that I added SFCs to.  I noticed maybe a small improvement in chassis stiffness but mine were SLP bolt-ons.  I tried to get them as close to welded as possible via SAE Grade 8 bolts and 90 lb-ft of torque.  

Mine didn't have t-tops.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top