Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:40:17 PM EDT
The transmission on my 98 Chevy 1500 is going and I was wondering about buying a new Dodge Magnum. Any of you guys have a Dodge Magnum... really like the lines and functionality... and looks to be a decent BOV....

On the Dodge website is $20,000 for the R/T

What are your thoughts about this car?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't say much on the new Magnum but, the tranny in My 1979 Magnum is still shifting strong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This might get moved...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can't say much on the new Magnum but, the tranny in My 1979 Magnum is still shifting strong.

The real Dodge Magnum is a slicked up Cordoba, not some wannabe Mercedes stationwagon.....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It looks like a filleted SUV.  I like the Chrysler Pacifica better.

I have talked to a lot of people with pacificas and they are not happy with the MPGs at all. The Magnum with the hemmi gets way better gas milage than a pacifica.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]
the pasifica is a dam mini van    you cant compare the two
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't driven one, but I like the Magnum for looks alone.  Big cargo space(I have seen a few in person) and like I said, the looks.  The R/T version is $30 grand, but it could be less with trade-in and Employee pricing(get it now before 9/6:IIRC the Employee pricing ends then).  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The transmission on my 98 Chevy 1500 is going and I was wondering about buying a new Dodge Magnum. Any of you guys have a Dodge Magnum... really like the lines and functionality... and looks to be a decent BOV....

On the Dodge website is $20,000 for the R/T

What are your thoughts about this car?

How many miles is on your 98, I'm getting worried because my dad has a '97 2500.  No problems so far though outside of a starting issue that mainly has to do with the fact that it sits.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Be careful of Chrysler transmissions.  i've seen a lot of problem with them!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That is only cause you think "P" means pass.....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered the Magnum SXT for my next company car.  I had a choice between it, the Grand Caravan, and the Charger.  I've had a Grand Caravan as my company vehicle for the last six years.  I wanted something different, and the Magnum just had the perfect cargo capacity.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is only cause you think "P" means pass.....

Nope, it means Power boost!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
How can you not like a wagon with a Hemi and available AWD for those in the tundra?  I've been trying to decide between a Magnum and a H3 for my next vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Well the good thing about it is that it is a Mercedes Tranny.

I have an 05 R/T and during my trip to North Carolina. I was getting almost 30 MPG (before I hit the mountains).  Anyway, I love the car and I am sure that my mom will love it too when I am in boot.  The only problem I have with it is it does have a small blind spot issue, but that was taken care of with the little round mirrors from Wallyworld.  All in all, awesome car, but of course it would be with a station wagon that runs mid to low 14's in the 1/4 stock and then gets 20 mpg in the city.

Pat
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I had one as a rental and I liked it except it had a six and was way underpowered. With a hemi it should be great.
Lots of cargo space and fun to drive. Huge blind spot issue and thats coming from a guy who drives an F-body.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I just ordered the Magnum SXT for my next company car.  I had a choice between it, the Grand Caravan, and the Charger.  I've had a Grand Caravan as my company vehicle for the last six years.  I wanted something different, and the Magnum just had the perfect cargo capacity.

I'd like the Charger if it was at least offered with a 2 door and with a manual tranny.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
the pasifica is a dam mini van    you cant compare the two

Actaually chryco clasifies it as an SUV.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How can you not like a wagon with a Hemi and available AWD for those in the tundra?  I've been trying to decide between a Magnum and a H3 for my next vehicle.

I thought that the AWD was not available with the hemmi?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought that the AWD was not available with the hemmi?

'Tis available with the hemi.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top