Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 3:10:40 PM EDT
Well, I'd just got my vechicle (99runner) out of the body shop and it was perfect. Then along comes disaster....w/in 30days, 1 BAD drivers door ding that looked like crap and broke the paint. So I touched it up. Then the same door mysteriously gets another dent that looks like a kick. I get a tad bummed. I look up the nearest dent wizard......70bucks and 1/2hr of "dentwizardry" its perfect again. I'd recomend them FWIW. Sorry no before and after pix.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a buddy who competes against Dent Wizard. When DW cannot pull nasty dents out of cars, some dealerships call this guy. He's widely known as being better than DW master techs.

The passenger side doors of my Super Duty had a run-in with a schedule 80 plastic standpipe on a jobsite last year. Caved in the whole lower portions of the doors. He got 99% of it all out. Took him about an hour, but he got virtually all of it. He charged me $125 but I was so happy my truck was back to normal I gave him $150.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used them for door dings. Can't even tell the dent was there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My office is in a very bad neighborhood, so very often the local residents park close to our vehicles and intentionally bang the fool out of them with their doors.  The police won't do anything about their vandalism or trespassing.  I've three three different "paintless dent removal" places, and none of them worked worth anything.  All 30 or so times we've paid to have them attempt to remove dents from cars we own or from employee's cars, the dents look as bad or worse when they finished.  All three places claimed that because the metal stretches they can't make it look like new.  I don't understand why they exist since they've never been able to do any good.  We keep paying to have the guys attempt to fix the problem since I always feel bad when an employee's car is damaged and the owner of the company doesn't mind gambling the $50-150 in an attempt to fix the dents.  Maybe they can fix dents do to hail, but they haven't done any good on door dings for us yet.z
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My office is in a very bad neighborhood, so very often the local residents park close to our vehicles and intentionally bang the fool out of them with their doors.  The police won't do anything about their vandalism or trespassing.  I've three three different "paintless dent removal" places, and none of them worked worth anything.  All 30 or so times we've paid to have them attempt to remove dents from cars we own or from employee's cars, the dents look as bad or worse when they finished.  All three places claimed that because the metal stretches they can't make it look like new.  I don't understand why they exist since they've never been able to do any good.  We keep paying to have the guys attempt to fix the problem since I always feel bad when an employee's car is damaged and the owner of the company doesn't mind gambling the $50-150 in an attempt to fix the dents.  Maybe they can fix dents do to hail, but they haven't done any good on door dings for us yet.z

The guys you are using must suck. Any of the Dent Wizard guys I have dealt with can look at the dent and tell you if they can fix it. If they have told me they can they have always got it done.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys you are using must suck. Any of the Dent Wizard guys I have dealt with can look at the dent and tell you if they can fix it. If they have told me they can they have always got it done.

...zoom, my friend, can I call you my friend? I'd have to agree here. This kid....everyones a kid to us old guys right zoom....even took out the ball-peen hammer like ding. I only went in for the kick mark and left w/a perfect door @ $75. He said after quiting Dent Wizard they'd made him sign a -->"you no workie around here" clause. So he up and followed the hail storms for a few years. I'd guess its like anything else. Some bad apples here and there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top