Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 11:23:04 AM EDT

Which is better, and what's your scientific supporting evidence?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh, they are, for all practical purposes, the exact same vehicles with different bodywork.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Which is better a Grand Marquis or a Crown Vic?

Which is better a Silverado 1500 or a Sierra 1500?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Different logo's and body trim, same internals, same assembly line, assembled on a different day. (Confirmed by every Chevy and GMC dealer I've ever talked to).
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Uh, they are, for all practical purposes, the exact same vehicles with different bodywork.

Please, don't state the obvious or anything...

I really want to hear from anyone who has perceived a difference.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you want PERCEPTION?  In your first post you mentioned "scientific" evidence.

Opinion and Science are two totally different ball games......
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
There is no difference other than trim levels and badges, I worked for GM for over 10yrs, same assembly line, same internals. your only question should be which looks better to you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The blue one, cause blue is better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you want PERCEPTION?  In your first post you mentioned "scientific" evidence.

Opinion and Science are two totally different ball games......

Ok, well then.. give me your scientific perceived opinion of the difference
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone once told me that the only difference is that they use lockwashers on GMC's.

Sorry,  I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
GMCs are generally a little better cosmetically on the inside
same as how buicks were better inside than the similar chevy model car
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There's no real difference.

GMC=Chevy with more equipment on it, and they usually are the same vehicles.  My mom's TrailBlazer and a GMC Envoy are the same vehicle.

Chevy's do the same as a GMC and the GMC is just a Chevy that can impress the neighbors.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
At least with GMC your not associated with the Avalanche
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
The GMC IMHO, has a better looking grille.   Other than that, the service manuals are the same, the mechanical parts are interchangable, and the body panels swap.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Same damned thing.

Ugly, overpriced boxes on wheels.

Then again, all SUVs and trucks these days fall into that category.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been working on vehicles way too long
to even pretend that there is a difference between
the two
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#17]
After dealing with more than two dozen Chevy and GMC dealers, I've found that the biggest difference between the two are the dealerships.  Usually the Chevy dealers are incompetent at the best and crooks at the worst.  The GMC dealers are usually a step up.  The GMC dealers more often sell the more expensive GM cars like Buicks or Cadillacs in addition to GMC so they're used to providing better (relatively speaking) service.

Also, I've had much better luck on getting warranty repairs done at GMC dealers versus Chevy dealers.  All of the GMC zone managers I talked to have been sharp and wanted to do the right thing wrt the warranty.  The three Chevy zone managers I talked to didn't give a damn about the warranty.  They wouldn't approve anything for repair.

I'll gladly pay the little extra to buy a GMC over the Chevy.z
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Ditto what zoom said above - I've had much better experiences with GMC vehicles & dealerships (sales and service), and I personally like the way they look a little better - YMMV, of course.

My two newest vehicles are GMCs and we've been happy with both - my '99 Sonoma and my wife's '03 Envoy.  (Both bought new at 0% with GM Card rebate dollars for down-payments. )
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ditto what zoom said above - I've had much better experiences with GMC vehicles & dealerships (sales and service), and I personally like the way they look a little better - YMMV, of course.

My two newest vehicles are GMCs and we've been happy with both - my '99 Sonoma and my wife's '03 Envoy.  (Both bought new at 0% with GM Card rebate dollars for down-payments. )

I almost had to lemon law my GMC truck in San Diego.  It was due to incompetent service at the dealership.  Rental car, case number, etc. etc.  I just traded the damn thing in.  

No fault of the truck, just the service personnel at two major stealerships.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I almost had to lemon law my GMC truck in San Diego.  It was due to incompetent service at the dealership.  Rental car, case number, etc. etc.  I just traded the damn thing in.  

No fault of the truck, just the service personnel at two major stealerships.

That's why I said YMMV above.

Here locally, I had the reverse experience - great service from the GMC dealer and I had to sic my lawyer ("Mrs. HardShell" ) on the last Chevy dealer from whom I bought a car.  I'm sure it varies from town to town, dealer to dealer...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top