Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:09 AM EDT

Going from one single pipe w/cat to two true pipes off of each factory manifold, without the cat?

I did it to my 90 LEO Caprice and am thinking about doing it to my 94 Sierra.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#1]
My Impala is duals with the cats, I got to fix that system, it is rusted and I got a pipe loose now too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I read in one of the car mags ( Hot Rod I think?) that they only realized something like 2 to 3 hp with dual pipes and mufflers, wasn't untill they added headers and an H pipe that they got a 15hp increase.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll see a power gain but nothing huge. Getting rif of the cat is going to give most of the gain. You wont feel too much. Mainly just hear it but it's worth it. You can always get headers later. They are cheap for SBC's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top