Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 5:46:41 AM EDT
I have a question for you car guru's out there.  Me and my dad are looking at purchasing a 1974 Nova SS for a project car.  We've seen several 1972 nova's at car shows and really like the way they turned out.  The 1974 Nova looks to me like the front end, from the front windshield to the grill, is less bulky, less of a muscle car.  Is it just my imagination or something? Do you car guru's know if the dimensions were the same as the '72?  Or could it be the original hood that is making it look like that?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Wrong forums.

we have a CAR forum now.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=134

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a car forum.

And it is still a Nova.  Ewwwww.  
I am a Mopar guy, I can't help you.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
They are the same body, the grille and front bumper are what's really throwing it off.  

compare the pics

You can see on the 74, at the front leading edge of the fender where they installed a filler piece to make the grille look narrow.
If I'm not mistaken you can put a 72 grille and bumper on a 74.  here's a good site for Nova infor, I know these guys will help.

stevesnovasite.com/forums/
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a bunch, XM-15!  

Shoot, we got a CAR forum now?!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
74 has different rear quarter windows and bigger MUCH heavier bumpers and different grilles. Other than that they are pretty much the same. I had a 73 and loved it but the 69-72's are a little better looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top