Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2017 1:29:40 AM EDT
So far no issues, which I'm really surprised at. I already added two gallons of fresh gas as well, will this cause any issues?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I would do my best to fill the tank up and use it pretty low a few times to work it all out. Probably swap the fuel filter also.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So far no issues, which I'm really surprised at. I already added two gallons of fresh gas as well, will this cause any issues?
View Quote

Oh my, no Stable or any snake oil...

The wheels will fall off...

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Run carb/fuel system cleaner through it a few times, too.

My 81 Z28 has old gas in it.  Eight or more years.  I start it up every few months and let it run till it gets good and hot.  The 74 LT has even older gas in it.  Again, it gets started and let run till hot 3 or 4 times a year.  I need to get off my ass and get the ball joints replaced in the 81 and get the front end aligned, new tires on it and start driving it again.

Old gas can cause a problem.

Hell, when I brought one of my dad's old roto tillers down here my brother told me it hadn't been started in 4 years (they bought a tractor when dad got too old to run the tiller all the time) and the gas in the tank was probably bad.  It fired up on the 3rd or 4th pull of the starter rope.  I ran that gas out and refilled the tank and kept tearing up the ground for tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce (salad, mmmmm.)
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:27:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've personally seen/ worked on cylinder heads that the intake valves were stuck in, due to bad gas. And have friends that had injectors need to be replaced on old gas problems. I had a Ford Ranger that sat and I had to clean the tank on and replace the fuel pump. I put some Berrymans in the fuel lines and in the fuel rail. I had to also free up the in line pump by spraying Berrymans in it and jogging it on a battery. Fortunately the injectors came out ok. So if you got lucky, more power to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top