Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 6:36:29 PM EDT
I'll keep this brief...I had a breakdown on 7/3/17. Bike was picked from my home on 7/6/17 by a contractor for BMW per my scheduling. Dealer receives bike 7/6/17, informs me it will be 21-28 business days before they can diagnose it. I get a call on 8/2/17 telling me why it quit running and parts are on order. I get a call on 8/12/17 Saturday saying work complete come pick up bike. I take day off 8/15/17 and get bike. I called the general manager the next day to tell him about my far less than perfect experience, because the service writer asked me to please give them a 5 star review on facebook and google, etc. I told the GM they did not deserve 5 stars but would leave a honest review if he wanted. He never asked me for a honest review. There is more complex stuff that happened during this due to the time frame, but I won't go into that. (if they would have not asked for a 5 star review I would have never mentioned it to the GM)

8/15/17 I get the bike they load it on my trailer. It rains like crazy on the way home 90 miles away. I get home get bike off trailer into garage. I notice a white residue on the carbon fiber fuel tank bodywork. I didn't think much of it and figured I would rub some Griots cleaner wax and that would fix it up. The next day after work I attempt to polish this carbon fiber piece back to a shine but could not get the shine back.

I took some pics of the dull carbon fiber and sent them to the GM and have yet to hear anything from like a week ago. I also sent him pictures of the bike while it was being loaded onto the tow truck the same day they received it and the carbon piece is not dull (I used pretty much manage a boat dealership and know what happens on lots so I took pics to CYA just in case something like this happened)

I'm going to call him tomorrow to ask if he has gotten my email and what his thoughts are.

What would you do? This piece of carbon bodywork is $1094 from BMW. I think it could be polished out, but I don't have a way of doing it at home and I don't want them to handle this motorcycle anymore.

Thanks

EDIT: 8/24/17 6:45CST Spoke with dealership GM, was a polite conversation, they are sending me a box so I can ship them the part. It will be buffed out and shipped back to me. If that does not work which I believe it will and will be satisfactory to me. If it cannot be repaired, they said they will replace it. So it is my opinion they want this to be made right.

Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Give them a chance to fix it with the agreement that they'll replace it if can't be polished out. I understand the frustration, but it's worth a shot and you'll be building a strong case as a reasonable customer and plaintiff if it has to be dealt with in small claims court.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give them a chance to fix it with the agreement that they'll replace it if can't be polished out. I understand the frustration, but it's worth a shot and you'll be building a strong case as a reasonable customer and plaintiff if it has do be dealt with in small claims court.
View Quote
Solid advice right there. FPNI.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
All that GM heard was the advisor did what he was told and asked you for a 5 Star review.

Good luck
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#4]
file a claim with your insurance so they can then go after their insurance company?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently talked to a salesman I know that worked for BMW on Lake City Way in Seattle, and he said their sales had decreased by over 60% due to BMW's problems and refusals to repair problems.  I would just give-up on BMW.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top