Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 1:13:45 PM EDT
Looking at getting one. Anybody have one? Pros? Cons?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 17. Thus far has been a great truck,  about 4000 miles in. It gets better mileage than the 12 F150 EcoBoost it replaced. Very comfortable, rides nice etc

Mine is the Platinum Reserve. I couldn't touch a 150 with near as many bells and whistles for what I paid, much less a 250, and I am sort of the buyer it seems to have been targeted towards - I occasionally need more towing capability than a 150 can provide,  but not enough to rate stepping up to a 250.

Mine needs a firmware update for a well known 'dead pedal' issue,  but other than that I have no complaints. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The 2018 (and 2017) f-150 has a better tow rating than the titan XD diesel with none of the complications of owning a diesel. It also has 65 more HP and probably gets around the same real world gas mileage. Have a look at TFL truck's comparison of the gasser titan to the diesel. Even they concluded there wasn't much point in getting the little diesel. 

If if I would not have gotten a deal on an f-150 I would have gone for a new titan gasser. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 2018 (and 2017) f-150 has a better tow rating than the titan XD diesel with none of the complications of owning a diesel. It also has 65 more HP and probably gets around the same real world gas mileage. Have a look at TFL truck's comparison of the gasser titan to the diesel. Even they concluded there wasn't much point in getting the little diesel. 

If if I would not have gotten a deal on an f-150 I would have gone for a new titan gasser. 
View Quote
It should have better resale than any f150 except a raptor.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
They are Fugly!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Doubtful, but even if it did, that would have to compete with higher cost of ownership of a diesel. It's just not a great Diesel engine. If you need an HD, any of the big threes diesels way outperform it and with some minor modding can get just as good or better gas mileage. The XD diesel is just in a weird no mans land for trucks. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
should be fine.  just delete it when you can.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have heard bad things from the Cummins techs I know in regards to anticipated long term durability of the ISV, both the 5.0L V-8 and the 3.2L V-6...
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I drove a 12 Pro-4x for 5 years. Considered and XD, but I just couldn't get past the looks. I really hate the front end...it looks like a whale shark. Ended up with a 16 Ram Cummins and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I drove a 12 Pro-4x for 5 years. Considered and XD, but I just couldn't get past the looks. I really hate the front end...it looks like a whale shark. Ended up with a 16 Ram Cummins and couldn't be happier.
View Quote
I'm the opposite of you, I actually dig the styling but based off of what I have been told would never buy one. Also something else to think of is the axle, I haven't look up close, so i could be wrong, but it looks like an AAM 10". If this is the case, and it could be because Nissan recently likes to under spec stuff compared to others, I would be suspicious of long term durability of the rear differential as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I just read a write up in one of the magazines I get probably Diesel Power. They pretty much had nothing bad to say. Looked like the tow ratings were good enough for most people and it seemed to drive well. Their truck as tested was over $60,000. I still get sticker shock on all new trucks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Doubtful, but even if it did, that would have to compete with higher cost of ownership of a diesel. It's just not a great Diesel engine. If you need an HD, any of the big threes diesels way outperform it and with some minor modding can get just as good or better gas mileage. The XD diesel is just in a weird no mans land for trucks. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed on all your points.

I doubt a Nissan pickup will have better resale than a Ford F-150 and the XD diesel isn't designed for the heavy lifting the Duramax, 6.7L Cummins, or 6.7L Powerstroke do with ease nor is it a fuel miser like a little diesel should be. Like you said, it's in the middle and probably isn't particularly good at either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top