Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2016 8:58:27 PM EDT
So this morning I noticed that the amount of air coming from my vents felt off. Like it wasn't blowing as hard as the day before. Towards the end of the day it stopped blowing all together. I would get a little airflow at 65mph  on the vent setting, but nothing on recirculate. No noise at all from blower. Would the blower motor just slowly stop pushing air like that, or do you all think the resistor or switch on the climate control panel might be bad? Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in this also as my '04 2500 has similar issues.... Hope you find something out OP.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested in this also as my '04 2500 has similar issues.... Hope you find something out OP.
View Quote

I'm going to replace the resistor tomorrow and see what happens. From my reading it could be a faulty connection from the ignition key, the resistor, the motor or, the switch. Gunna start with the cheapest part first.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Be thankful if it's just a motor or resistor.   I had blend door duty on every damned door on my 2004.  Ended up cutting then out and the front dash support which I welded back on.   Tons of wet towels and no fires.   I was a pissy sumbitch that weekend

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be thankful if it's just a motor or resistor.   I had blend door duty on every damned door on my 2004.  Ended up cutting then out and the front dash support which I welded back on.   Tons of wet towels and no fires.   I was a pissy sumbitch that weekend

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Yeah the blend door fix sucks. Helped my brother do his 04.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Turns out it was the blower motor. Easy to test, just unplug the old one, plug in the new one and we if she fires up. 3 screws, a cut thumb and 10 minutes later I was gtg. So yeah the motor can slowly just die. I figured there would have been some other indication but it wasn't the case for mine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
 You could have replaced the  carbon brushes in the blower motor  a couple months ago.
 By now, the  ARC-ing will have burned  most of the copper away from the commutator bars, so you will  just have to replace the blower MOTOR, which will be quicker, easier, and more expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top