Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2016 5:42:05 PM EDT
About a month ago I posted a thread saying RIP to my 99 cobra.

After wrenching and wrestling it in my garage, I was able to get the motor out and strip it completely down. The passenger rear connecting rod snapped in half. It looks as if the rod bearing went and welded itself together, then the rod bent and snapped. I will have to get some machining done but as a whole I got lucky and the block did not get more damage than a little nick at the bottom of the cylinder where the rings don't even go. So I know I will have to get the crankshaft checked for sure, and get the cylinders re-honed. Since I do not have the money nor the room to do a coyote swap, I want to rebuild this to it's stock form. But I need help finding things

1: Rebuild kit
2: Set of heads that DO NOT TICK (which mine do now)
3: Pistons, rods
4: Crankshaft specs

Anything else I should get please let me know. This is pretty much me and a friend rebuilding it in a garage on a stand. He is used to pushrod motors as am I. Please put links to products as well.

Thank you all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top