Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2016 10:32:39 AM EDT
I am thinking of a second car, something I can drive and be comfortable in, but can tinker with it and add boost to it. There are lots of options out there, but I am sure I am overlooking a lot of them.

Requirements would be:
4 doors, need to be able to fit kids in the back seat
comfortable, would get use around town and possibly some short trips, we have big SUVs for really big trips, but does not have to be a "luxury" car
Reliable, even with modifications.
Powerful, it's gotta be fun to drive and respond well to modifications
Parts rather easy to come by
No crazy engine swaps or anything.
Prefer RWD, possibly AWD. Prefer not front wheel, but if there is one I will listen to your argument.

It will not be a dedicated race car, something fun to drive but can stand some track time, both drag and road track.

I was looking at the IS300, but think that would be small in the back seat for the kids. There is the GS300 as well, but don't know how big it is in the back seat. There are the Chargers and Crown Vic's, and they are very reasonable priced. I don't know much about BMW or others like that, just saw one on the way back and got me thinking about it.

It's a long term project, so it's not something that will happen in the next few weeks or so.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Our other cars are a Chevy Suburban 5.3 and a Honda Pilot.

The car must also be automatic, so the wife can drive it too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
im thinking a cts-v would be a nice one to play with. might be a little pricier tho.

ex: http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d139&zip=77084#listing=134037291
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my '06 300C.  It only has 73,000 miles, and is still a hoot to drive.  The Hemi with the 5-speed auto are a good match.  It is certainly a big car, but it's quick, quiet and actually handles pretty well, too, for its size.

Thinking about getting rid of it for something newer, KBB pegs it around $10k.  But the Hemi is about as ubiquitous an engine as you can find, and with the Charger and Magnum, plenty of sister ships around for parts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a 2002 IS300 as my daily driver for about 12 years. It was super reliable and fun to drive. Depending how old your kids are, the back seats can be a bit small.

It wasn't bad when using a front facing car seat, but when my son was first born, I would occasionally have to put the rear facing car seat and the back seat was a little small for that, it fit, but it wasn't ideal.

The 2nd gen, IS350 has a slightly bigger back seat and more a more powerful V6, as opposed to the inline six I had in the IS300, but I don't think you could get the manual transmission in the IS350 like you could in the IS300, if that matters to you. You can in the IS250, but that one is a bit slow.

The GS is a bigger car. We test drove one before my wife got her RX350. Nice ride and much bigger back seat.

Since you mentioned track car, I would probably look for a IS300 with a manual transmission.

Infiniti makes some sport sedans that aren't too bad. My brother in law had a G37 with a 6-speed manual that was pretty nice.

There's always the BMW and Audi route, but the are more in maintenance and such. Not a whole lot if you do it yourself, but things are a little more expensive when they break as opposed to American or Jap cars and if your looking to occasionally track it, things will break.

If your looking for American muscle, a Charger, Mercury Marauder, Chevy SS or maybe a Caddy CTS-V would be cool.

Not sure what your budget is.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a 2002 IS300 as my daily driver for about 12 years. It was super reliable and fun to drive. Depending how old your kids are, the back seats can be a bit small.

It wasn't bad when using a front facing car seat, but when my son was first born, I would occasionally have to put the rear facing car seat and the back seat was a little small for that, it fit, but it wasn't ideal.

The 2nd gen, IS350 has a slightly bigger back seat and more a more powerful V6, as opposed to the inline six I had in the IS300, but I don't think you could get the manual transmission in the IS350 like you could in the IS300, if that matters to you. You can in the IS250, but that one is a bit slow.

The GS is a bigger car. We test drove one before my wife got her RX350. Nice ride and much bigger back seat.

Since you mentioned track car, I would probably look for a IS300 with a manual transmission.

Infiniti makes some sport sedans that aren't too bad. My brother in law had a G37 with a 6-speed manual that was pretty nice.

There's always the BMW and Audi route, but the are more in maintenance and such. Not a whole lot if you do it yourself, but things are a little more expensive when they break as opposed to American or Jap cars and if your looking to occasionally track it, things will break.

If your looking for American muscle, a Charger, Mercury Marauder, Chevy SS or maybe a Caddy CTS-V would be cool.

View Quote

The IS300's had a 2JZ, That's what I would get.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am thinking of a second car, something I can drive and be comfortable in, but can tinker with it and add boost to it. There are lots of options out there, but I am sure I am overlooking a lot of them.

Requirements would be:
comfortable, would get use around town and possibly some short trips, we have big SUVs for really big trips, but does not have to be a "luxury" car
Prefer RWD, possibly AWD. Prefer not front wheel, but if there is one I will listen to your argument.

It will not be a dedicated race car, something fun to drive but can stand some track time, both drag and road track.

I was looking at the IS300, but think that would be small in the back seat for the kids. There is the GS300 as well, but don't know how big it is in the back seat. There are the Chargers and Crown Vic's, and they are very reasonable priced. I don't know much about BMW or others like that, just saw one on the way back and got me thinking about it.

It's a long term project, so it's not something that will happen in the next few weeks or so.
View Quote

1st gen CTS V (2006 to 2007 models preferable)

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
WRX
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]
A Pontiac G8
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Crown Vic or the Marauder are great options if you buy the none police version . Lots of aftermarket support and room for kids
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Budget is not set on a car, still looking at what's out there.

I passed a IS300 on the way home from school, the back seat is way too small. The GS would be a better choice of those two. I did see a Infiniti G35 and a G37, didn't really think of those being most I see are the 2 doors.

I've not thought of the Chevy SS, is that a FWD? I will have to look at it. I was thinking of the Charger or Magnum, I think the !marauder would be be a good look at also. The CTS V above is way too much for a second car. I would look at one of the early CTSV, something that wouldn't be a huge payment to sit for a few days or a week.

How reliable are the Nissan/Infiniti sedans? I've seen a lot of catalytic converter issues with Nissan in general, so makes me question jumping in just to worry about those going bad.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WRX
View Quote

Sorry, no Subaru, hate their AWD setup.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Requirements would be:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/1st_Cadillac_CTS-V_--_12-08-2009.jpg

What makes the 06-07 models more preferable?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Requirements would be:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/1st_Cadillac_CTS-V_--_12-08-2009.jpg

LS2 engine.  Wider torque band.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, its a great motor, I love the Toyota inline sixes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I passed a IS300 on the way home from school, the back seat is way too small. The GS would be a better choice of those two. I did see a Infiniti G35 and a G37, didn't really think of those being most I see are the 2 doors.

I've not thought of the Chevy SS, is that a FWD? I will have to look at it. I was thinking of the Charger or Magnum, I think the !marauder would be be a good look at also. The CTS V above is way too much for a second car. I would look at one of the early CTSV, something that wouldn't be a huge payment to sit for a few days or a week.

How reliable are the Nissan/Infiniti sedans? I've seen a lot of catalytic converter issues with Nissan in general, so makes me question jumping in just to worry about those going bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The SS is rear wheel drive. I can't speak for Nissan in general, but the Infiniti G37 my brother in law had didn't give him any problems in the 4-5 years he had it.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#16]
2016 or 2017 is the last production year for the SS. It's RWD and LS3 powered. You can by the previous version of it which was called the Pontiac G8 GXP built in the late 2000s

This by far is the best option.  You can do a charger but nobody has been able to unlock their computer software for maximum tune ability
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
2016 or 2017 is the last production year for the SS. It's RWD and LS3 powered. You can by the previous version of it which was called the Pontiac G8 GXP built in the late 2000s

This by far is the best option.  You can do a charger but nobody has been able to unlock their computer software for maximum tune ability
View Quote

I didn't know that about the programming

In that case I devise my suggestion to a early to mid aughties 4 door Silverado .5 ton with a 5.3 easy packaging easy tuning will make some stupid horsepower
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In that case I devise my suggestion to a early to mid aughties 4 door Silverado .5 ton with a 5.3 easy packaging easy tuning will make some stupid horsepower
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been in the back of my mind for quite some time, plenty of people have done it, plenty of room, suspension out the ass, and can take tons of power. For the power levels I was thinking of the 6 cylinder motors, that could be had with bolt on then add more with boost.

We do have a high end Chevy shop here in town, so fine tuning will be done here. Trucks are widely available, but do lose some of the luxury of the car. With different trim levels that can be fixed by buying higher or changing interior parts to make it nicer.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]
charger or srt-8's are pretty cheap. Tons of aftermarket. Throw a nitrous kit on there with some slicks and go racing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:12:37 AM EDT
[#20]
You can pick up an older G35 sedan for cheap and PLENTY of aftermarket including plenty of shops well versed in the VQ motor department to boost to as high as your balls can manage.  Plus I think they actually still look good.  Even if their interior looks dated.

I have an IS250 (Lexus) and while I love it as a DD, it's slow and pretty lack luster in the handling.  Also the rear leg room is a bit tight and I know in a few years my son is going to start having issues back there.

You can pick up an older MB E55 AMG semi cheap and boost those pretty well on the supercharged V8 and they are highway torque monsters.  The only issues with those are something with the brakes (sorta rare...) and the air shocks leaking/needing replaced.  They're comfy, larger than a small sedan, and when tastefully modded still score plenty of looks.  They won't handle well though.

Another option is to find an E36 M3 sedan.  About the size of the IS, but still an amazing car and easy to work on.

When worried about rear leg room, there just isn't a lot of options while taking "track car capable" into the mix.

The B6 and B7 generations of Audi S4's can be had semi cheap and would make a good track car while still being semi luxurious.  Reliability is questionable though.

Could also look for an older 550i BMW with the performance options.  

W/ all that said, reliable and respond well to mods/track car don't usually mix.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:49:11 AM EDT
[#21]
DO NOT BUY A FIRST GENERATION CTS-V TO BOOST IT.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Chevy Aveo!

So far I've only owned trucks so I don't know much, but the redneck in me would be drawn to a Charger or other American "muscle" types, but I'm can see the merit in the lighter imports, but have 0 experience in that area.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This has been in the back of my mind for quite some time, plenty of people have done it, plenty of room, suspension out the ass, and can take tons of power. For the power levels I was thinking of the 6 cylinder motors, that could be had with bolt on then add more with boost.

We do have a high end Chevy shop here in town, so fine tuning will be done here. Trucks are widely available, but do lose some of the luxury of the car. With different trim levels that can be fixed by buying higher or changing interior parts to make it nicer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I meant above was about the MOPAR Charger the computers are not as easily tuneable as the GM ones. G8 and Chevy SS are easy as fuck to make boosted power and tune their computers. Same for the 5.3L trucks

The Truck to buy though is a 05-06 Z71 ext cab with the B code L33 5.3 which is the hi-po all aluminum version and makes almost the same HP as the 6.0L LQ4.  

Oh also forgot about the Trailblazer SS which is a 400hp LS2
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Get a G8 or an SS and boost the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Audi Urs6 or S4
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Dodge Charger
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Did you mean "to boot" or do you mean "to boost"?

Very important distinction here on the car section of the board.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I used to think about the daily driver that can be a track car type thing and throw tons of HP into it.  Problem is, you can't use it on the street to its potential.  I was going to get a wrx and have Cobb tuning get their hands on it until one day as I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic I realized how dumb of an idea that was.  I then looked at FR-S and BR-z but they are to small for day to day use.
 Then I looked for comfort with a hint of fun and found a 2013 Lexus GS350 F-sport. Just over 300 HP is plenty for the street.  The car is roomy, fast, and in sport+ mode it is a blast to drive.  It's auto for the wife, but has flappy paddle shifters for you.  
I'll drive this for a bit and wait for used FR-S or BR-Z to come down a little more, then pick one up for track time.  I'm not even going to boost the FR-S.  Intake, header, exhaust, and tune and its the perfect track car.  
If you need a lot of HP on a track you are making up for a lack of driving skill.  I see guys in miatas putting up better times than BMWs and other cars with twice the HP and price tag.  The more powerful car will gain ground on a straight line because anyone can drive fast in a line, then a corner comes up and the little cars keep their speed and pass the other cars that have to break in the corner.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought it would be fun to buy one of the new Caprice cop cars and boost it. Same chassis as the SS but the cop cars are a lot cheaper. Saw a write up in one of the car mags and it looked right up my alley.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I used to think about the daily driver that can be a track car type thing and throw tons of HP into it.  Problem is, you can't use it on the street to its potential.  I was going to get a wrx and have Cobb tuning get their hands on it until one day as I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic I realized how dumb of an idea that was.  I then looked at FR-S and BR-z but they are to small for day to day use.
 Then I looked for comfort with a hint of fun and found a 2013 Lexus GS350 F-sport. Just over 300 HP is plenty for the street.  The car is roomy, fast, and in sport+ mode it is a blast to drive.  It's auto for the wife, but has flappy paddle shifters for you.  
I'll drive this for a bit and wait for used FR-S or BR-Z to come down a little more, then pick one up for track time.  I'm not even going to boost the FR-S.  Intake, header, exhaust, and tune and its the perfect track car.  
If you need a lot of HP on a track you are making up for a lack of driving skill.  I see guys in miatas putting up better times than BMWs and other cars with twice the HP and price tag.  The more powerful car will gain ground on a straight line because anyone can drive fast in a line, then a corner comes up and the little cars keep their speed and pass the other cars that have to break in the corner.
View Quote

You live in TX and don't have anywhere to open up a 500hp car?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

charger or srt-8's are pretty cheap. Tons of aftermarket. Throw a nitrous kit on there with some slicks and go racing.
View Quote
my buddies srt-8(08)is a fuckin hoot stock.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#32]
It wouldn't be a dedicated track car, but a car I can drive on the street and take to the track on a whim to have fun with it.

I know that a sports sedan is a sedan first, and has to fit that role first. If I didn't need the four doors, then that would make it easier, just grab a Mustang or camaro and add fast.

I like the idea of the Infiniti G35/37, still doing research as I don't know much about them, and the Chargers/ 300, I have driven an SRT8 and that was a lot of fun.

I haven't looked at the Audi's, I know the wife wouldn't be happy as she wants an Audi bad and would either take it from me or just be mad lol.

It will be a little older, as it will be a second car and may not be driven as much as the main.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I thought it would be fun to buy one of the new Caprice cop cars and boost it. Same chassis as the SS but the cop cars are a lot cheaper. Saw a write up in one of the car mags and it looked right up my alley.
View Quote
The PPV has an L76, not an LS3, so there's some of your cost savings. Also, the Caprice is only available with an auto.

I don't think dealers are going to be selling them to the general public either.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The PPV has an L76, not an LS3, so there's some of your cost savings. Also, the Caprice is only available with an auto.

I don't think dealers are going to be selling them to the general public either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant at auction. I have seen them under 10,000 so that is a fraction of the cost of a SS new or used. I understand it's a stripped down car which I would love but I'm sure many would not appreciate it.

I suggested it because I assumed that if OP was looking to spend new SS money this thread wouldn't exist. Wouldn't be the first time today I was wrong though
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Get a well taken care of older 4 door car of your choice and throw a boosted ls engine in it. It'll be a a total sleeper and we'll all award you the internets.

Plus you'll probably come out saving money.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have plenty of places to open up my 260hp fj so I'm sure he does.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a new Nissan Maxima and couldn't be happier. It has a huge truck and huge back seat. I think your kids would be happy there. 300 hp and plenty fast. So far I'm averaging 24 mpg too. Very smooth hiway ride.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Get a well taken care of older 4 door car of your choice and throw a boosted ls engine in it. It'll be a a total sleeper and we'll all award you the internets.

View Quote

I need to stop looking at this one

I also think of that, but right now I don't have a place to do such a big project. That's why I was thinking about something I could build up as I go.

A Lincoln LS would be great, nice cars, sporty overall, but have like negative aftermarket.

I would have to wait a bit, just for the financials, but a TBSS would fit the bill very nicely. I know it's a solid motor but an iffy transmission, and AWD option I know very little about.

Acura makes some nice cars, but how is their AWD setup? Any reason to overlook these cars? I just don't want to rule out any potential opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:49:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I also think of that, but right now I don't have a place to do such a big project. That's why I was thinking about something I could build up as I go.

A Lincoln LS would be great, nice cars, sporty overall, but have like negative aftermarket.

I would have to wait a bit, just for the financials, but a TBSS would fit the bill very nicely. I know it's a solid motor but an iffy transmission, and AWD option I know very little about.

Acura makes some nice cars, but how is their AWD setup? Any reason to overlook these cars? I just don't want to rule out any potential opportunity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only reason I say avoid the IS300 if you're shooting for anything over 400 is due to lack of being able to stuff a decent amount of rubber in those rear wheel wells.  I live around Chicago so we have a metric shit ton of fast cars and I have a buddy who has a race gas all the time "street" Supra that is easily putting down 1300+....he also, as a daily has a 2jZ'd IS300.  He hates the fact he dumped a shit load of money into the IS simply b/c he can't get that car to stick w/out doing exactly what the IS in your link did...just something to think about.

I'm telling ya, if you can find a clean E55 AMG, you can easily have 500-600 to the wheels and have plenty of fun while still having room.  It's not gonna handle like an S4, M3, or the likes, but it will be a torque monster.  Plus the weight of it pretty much means it will be that much easier to put the power to the ground.  

Hate to sound like a broken record but 4 door cars that you can modify and still carry a family in, are few and far between, and usually the ones that can handle tracks that actually have turns in them cost $60,000+ and by the time the average guy can afford it, he realizes he can't when that $60K plus car comes with $60K maintenance.

ETA: Take notice in that link you posted, that owner had to cut the shit out of those rear flares to get those tires to hook, and he's not putting them on there b/c of looks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The only reason I say avoid the IS300 if you're shooting for anything over 400 is due to lack of being able to stuff a decent amount of rubber in those rear wheel wells.  I live around Chicago so we have a metric shit ton of fast cars and I have a buddy who has a race gas all the time "street" Supra that is easily putting down 1300+....he also, as a daily has a 2jZ'd IS300.  He hates the fact he dumped a shit load of money into the IS simply b/c he can't get that car to stick w/out doing exactly what the IS in your link did...just something to think about.

I'm telling ya, if you can find a clean E55 AMG, you can easily have 500-600 to the wheels and have plenty of fun while still having room.  It's not gonna handle like an S4, M3, or the likes, but it will be a torque monster.  Plus the weight of it pretty much means it will be that much easier to put the power to the ground.  

Hate to sound like a broken record but 4 door cars that you can modify and still carry a family in, are few and far between, and usually the ones that can handle tracks that actually have turns in them cost $60,000+ and by the time the average guy can afford it, he realizes he can't when that $60K plus car comes with $60K maintenance.

ETA: Take notice in that link you posted, that owner had to cut the shit out of those rear flares to get those tires to hook, and he's not putting them on there b/c of looks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I posted that link in response to his post, that wouldn't pass inspection here, so it's an automatic nogo. Would love to have it, it's a badass ride!

IS300 is too small, I think the GS300 would be big enough, and has a 2JZ, so a swap is doable, but the traction would be an issue like you said.

As far as the AMG, I read some of the reviews and it sounds badass, but the wrapper is still a Mercedes. Anything on a Mercedes is expensive to fix, and if techs hate to work on them, there is a reason why. I thought the same on a BMW, and saw a bunch of issues on the 335s and fueling issues, which is never good on turbo motors. Haven't ruled out other non turbo BMWs, but they are not high on the list.

A sports sedan is a sedan first, so that is first. Even if it's not able to be tracked, or is as good on the track as a M3 or Porsche, then I am fine with that, just something I can have some fun with if I take it. For me to have a car that will be awesome on the track, I need 2 cars,  and that isn't going to happen for a while.

Quoted:
WRX

How much room is in the back seat for a car seat and 2 bigger boys? I was at work and a Legacy came in and looked big enough, and made me think of those and the WRX, even though I am not a fan overall of their drive. It does check a good few boxes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:39:50 AM EDT
[#41]
S3.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#42]
WRX.  Room for adults in back.  

Quoted:
WRX
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:11:56 AM EDT
[#43]
I've heard that E90s are great platforms. Supposedly make crazy power with little monetary investment. They are really cheap to boot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've heard that E90s are great platforms. Supposedly make crazy power with little monetary investment. They are really cheap to boot.
View Quote

I have an E92 with the N54 engine and everything you say is true.
You just better know how to deal with the maintenance/little issues yourself or they can bleed you dry having someone else always work on them.

Super fun cars though, I get to beat up on V8's and look good while doing it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You just better know how to deal with the maintenance/little issues yourself or they can bleed you dry having someone else always work on them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was your posts that clued me in to them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any experience with the S65?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool V8.
Needs to spin to make power though.
Sometimes has rod bearing issues
Uses 10-60 oil
Crappy gas mileage
Sounds amazing
Needs a super charger to make any real gains
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Get a G8 or an SS and boost the hell out of it.
View Quote

This.  Perfect platform.

Taurus SHO is also a nice looking car and AWD.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Cool V8.

Uses 10-60 oil

Crappy gas mileage

Sounds amazing

Needs a super charger
to make any real gains

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool V8.

Uses 10-60 oil

Crappy gas mileage

Sounds amazing

Needs a super charger
to make any real gains

Understatement.

Test drove an '08 M3 w/ Borla ATAK's about a month back and fell in love with the exhaust note. It's the first car that has made me even consider leaving a GM platform, but it's hard to pass up the power and reliability of an LS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top