Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2016 7:57:49 PM EDT
With the cold weather coming to an end I've been thinking about getting my cycle back out.

That brought the subject of cleaning the windshield up today at work, 3 other guys that ride all have their choices for cleaners.

Plexus
All-kleer

And Honda brand spray cleaner.
Is there any other product I should take a look at?

They did recommend that I get a microfiber cloth and use it JUST on the windshield.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a Plexus fan.
I use it on all my plastics, helmets, visors, pinlocks...
Also, the added bonus is it seems to repel dust for a lot longer than most products.

I have a dedicated microfiber cloth each, for wind screen and visors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Plexus. It costs a fortune but it's awesome. I use it on my faceshield and it makes it far easier to clean the next time. I'd use it on the windshield too but on my Ninja I don't look  through it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Cars have windsheilds.

Motorcycles have windscreens.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a Plexus fan.
I use it on all my plastics, helmets, visors, pinlocks...
Also, the added bonus is it seems to repel dust for a lot longer than most products.

I have a dedicated microfiber cloth each, for wind screen and visors.
View Quote

This where I'm at also. It won't hurt paint. I hate paying for it, but I like Plexus.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]

can't say it's any better but works for me
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy of jug of Rain-x washer fluid and soak a rag with it and it to clean the windshield
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Plexus and pre-ban Honda Polish.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Plexus or non-ammonia windex.  I keep a small can of plexus on my bike and a large one at home.  Microfiber cloths in both places.  Keep cloths in a one gallon bag unzipped.  Dirt or sand on the cloth is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:03:49 AM EDT
[#9]
For you Plexus users ( and the shit does work well )

Try some Pledge furniture polish ( you know like lemon fresh Pledge )   We use that on light aircraft windshields ( cessna 172 type stuff )   it's cheaper,  works just as well and will not harm the plexi.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:21:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I use Plexus
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For you Plexus users ( and the shit does work well )

Try some Pledge furniture polish ( you know like lemon fresh Pledge )   We use that on light aircraft windshields ( cessna 172 type stuff )   it's cheaper,  works just as well and will not harm the plexi.
View Quote

Right here is your solution.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I keep a damp and dry microfiber towel in separate zip lock bags for cleaning and drying face shields.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess I'll be different.  I use Invisible Glass.  The squirt bottle, not the aerosol.  It's cheap, and you can find it just about anywhere.  I use a clean microfiber cloth each time I clean.  It also works great on the cars tinted windows.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I f'ing hate Plexus. Always leaves a nasty film. I like the old Honda spray polish. Smelled like coconut. Or Pledge.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top