Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2015 10:46:28 PM EDT
Anyone using them? Worth the money? Seems like a buy once cry once type deal. Looking for my Impreza hatch.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought then then gave then away and went back to Husky liner.  The Husky will hold the spills.

Husky
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Have had the high end, custom fit versions of Weathertechs and Huskys on several similar vehicles. I prefer the weathertechs, but either are worth the price if you spend any time in bad weather, off-road, etc.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Around here it would mostly be sand but I am also a klutz so the added protection from spills will be more than welcome. Today I wished I had them because I went to snag some firewood that was sitting in the snow and mud and didn't feel like cleaning my carpets later.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got them in my F150, I love them. Granted, they came with the truck when I bought it, but I have been completely happy with them. I would definitely recommend.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with the Huskys...no complaints. 2014 Tacoma, great fit front and back. I haven't heard complaints for the WT either.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]

I have some Husky liners in the Suburban.   Meh.  They work but they are not the best quality.

I just put some Weathertech liners in the Lexus.  They fit like the proverbial glove.  I mean exact fit.  They seem worth it.  You'd think this picture was from their website if not for the dirt and dust.

To totally nitpick, they half cover the aluminum dead pedal.  I could trim them but I wont.

I don't even notice the different feel of plastic/rubber versus carpet.

Of course they are black like the rest of the car so they will get and look filthy.   Oh well, I needed a hobby.  That's why I bought a black car.

-p.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you move?

I gave up on sand long ago and just vacuum.  Sand is nice in that it isn't really dirt per say, just gotta vacuum it out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I would try to find someone who has your specific model of car and find out how the fit is.
I've had the weathertec cargo trays and they hold up well, so the material is good.
They didn't make the liners for my Vibe, but I they did make floor mats.
The regular floor mats didn't hold up as well as the generic mats from the store, and the rear mats weren't made to fit my car, they were trim to fit just like you'd buy in the store.
A guy I know has the weather tec liners in his Cadillac and I don't like how high the sides come, they push away from the console into the foot well so the top can rub on your leg.

For my truck, I went with husky liner after I saw them in my buddies truck. I haven't had them as long as my weather tec stuff, but they seem pretty good so far.
I don't think there's a nickels worth of difference between the two.
I'd look for the one that best fits your vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Love mine. I've had Huskys in the past also, and will admit that they probably do hold water better than the WeatherTechs, but I think the WeatherTech mats look and fit much nicer. The WTs are designed to funnel water out the doors. The Huskys hold it all until you physically dump the mat. Either mat is a vast improvement over the OE mats.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Digital fit Weather Techs.

Have them in the Taco and FJC. They actually work unlike the majority of factory and aftermarket ones.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have some Husky liners in the Suburban.   Meh.  They work but they are not the best quality.

I just put some Weathertech liners in the Lexus.  They fit like the proverbial glove.  I mean exact fit.  They seem worth it.  You'd think this picture was from their website if not for the dirt and dust.

<a href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/phuzzygnu/media/20151219_172822_zpsunadalak.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/20151219_172822_zpsunadalak.jpg</a>

To totally nitpick, they half cover the aluminum dead pedal.  I could trim them but I wont.

Of course they are black like the rest of the car so they will get and look filthy.   Oh well, I needed a hobby.  That's why I bought a black car.

-p.

View Quote

Those look like they drain back on to the carpet. Do they?
The husky liners i have for my truck exetend over the trim almost all the way to the door so that if you were to pour water into them they would drain out over the door sill.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
They are worth it I like mine
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I have them in my BMW. Totally worth it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I imagine it depends on the vehicle you're putting them in.

After I wore a hole in my Jeep's factory mats (under my clutch foot), I did a little research, and ended up with the Quadratec mats, which I'm quite happy with. Thick rubber precisely fit to the Jeep's floorboards. I've since seen what seems to be the same mats under different names.

But I'd find some advice specific to YOUR make and model. Weathertec seems to do everything; I imagine they do everything 'OK', but someone might do YOUR vehicle better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Huskys in my Silverado. Weather tech in the tundra. I like the weather tech better. Husks hold a little more water but I clean that out as needed. The WT,s clean up better as the huskys show scratches over time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:34:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Just installed the weathertechs in my 2015 Silverado yesterday.  They fit great and have much better coverage than the factory liners.  Only complaint is they are only offered in black or tan, not a brown to match my high country interior.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have had the high end, custom fit versions of Weathertechs and Huskys on several similar vehicles. I prefer the weathertechs, but either are worth the price if you spend any time in bad weather, off-road, etc.
View Quote

^^This^^
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Have had the Weathertech digital fit (?) in my Cadillac for over a year now...love em. Carpet is perfect and they look great in there also. I liked them so much that after I put new interior in my K5, I bought a set of their universal mats as they didn't make a custom fit version.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Love them. I've had them in my last five cars. I live in Northern Wisconsin(lots of salt, sand, mud, and etc). Plus when the water from your boots/shoes freezes on the floor mats it's easy to just pull the mats and dump them out.  I would buy again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#21]
This is relevant to my interest.  I need some good mats for my new 4runner trail.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Got Husky's in my wife's Forester.  They were much nicer/deeper than the weathertec's
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Got Weathertechs in one of my Porsches and in my Frontier.

Love 'em.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I have WeatherTech floor liners in my 2014 Escape and 2016 Z06 Corvette.

Fit nicely and do a great job of protecting the floor/carpet.

Made a mistake and ordered their "floor mats" the for the Escape - these are just plain old floor mats.

Later ordered the liners - the Escape now has both ..........
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/phuzzygnu/media/20151219_172822_zpsunadalak.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/phuzzygnu/20151219_172822_zpsunadalak.jpg</a>

-p.

View Quote

I've got WTs in my wife's car and every car I've owned in the last twenty years. Very good product......

But that pic is why I moved to Husky X-act fits in my Tundra. Soft rubber, don't drain to the carpet, mold to the vehicle very well (the being soft rubber part again).

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've had them in my last 4 vehicles and won't use anything else.
View Quote

To clarify you are talking about the weathertecs not the huskys right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Go in everything with carpet I have. Fit perfecto.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Weathertechs in my last 3 vehicles. They do a great job.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I've had Weathertech's DigitalFit floor liners in my 4runner for 2 years now and am very happy with them. Fit is great, they don't move and so far they have caught everything. When it's time to clean them I vacuum them out and then I spray "simply green" on them. I let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub them a little with a soft dish brush and then wipe them out and they look brand new again. All my cars will get them for now on.

I also love their "Side Window Deflectors". Have them on my truck and 4 runner and they are another item that will go on everything I own.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

-p.

View Quote

Interesting. I found the husky fit my '13 suburban better than the weathertech (sent them back).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top