Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 9:18:43 PM EDT
Getting ready to push the button on my toy hauler and send in the order for manufacture.

it is an 8.5' x 22'. It has tandem 5,200 pound axles. 16" OC floor, 16" OC wall and 24" OC roof.

I was thinking about taking it from 16" OC floors to 12" OC floors.

It isn't a whole mess of money to add that option but, if this is waaaay overkill... I would rather leave that cash in the bank.

I'll regularly be hauling 5000 pound loads of god knows what... and the Rally-X Eagle Talon will pretty much live in there.

So, those of you in the know... should I spend the extra $300 for 12" OC floor?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What's your decking material?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
How much heaver will the 12'' OC make the trailer. Whats the rating on the floor at 16" OC?
Do you plan on sitting on the roof to watch events cuz 24" OC not good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your decking material?
View Quote

3/4" Pressure treated

I was also thinking of welding in some 1/4" "pads", between the supports/ underneath where the cars wheels will be when it is in place.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much heaver will the 12'' OC make the trailer. Whats the rating on the floor at 16" OC?
Do you plan on sitting on the roof to watch events cuz 24" OC not good.
View Quote

Stock, the payload is (about) 7k pounds and the trailer weight is 3400. I'm not sure *exactly* how much it will add but, I image less than 250.

I won't be on the roof - that upgrade is over $1,000. Maybe for trailer version 2.0  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go with the 12" OC then no 1/4" plate needed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome - I figured it wasn't a bad price for that peace of mind.

Thanks guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top