Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:59:20 AM EDT
Neighbor has an early 00's Volvo S80 T6. Looks like the trans kicked the bucket and the neighbor is considering junking the car. The car looks clean otherwise - straight body, good interior, and it apparently ran fine until the trans went out. The car has been sitting deadlined for about 6 months.

I've never messed with a Volvo and I think this car has the turbo (or twin turbo) 2.9L transverse mounted motor. Im thinking that maybe I would take this on as a late winter project but wanted to get some advice before I did.

Is tranny R&R on this car any more of a pain in the ass than any other FWD car? Are there any Volvo specific tools or procedures that I would need to know about before hand? Does this tranny come out relatively easily or is it one of those deals where you take the motor and trans out in one piece? My experience has been almost exclusively with RWD cars/trucks, so this is a bit of a departure for me.

Any advice, especially from guys that make a living working on Volvos would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Im this guy

volvotech
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im this guy

volvotech
View Quote

Sweet. Thanks, will do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks AH

Sent a PM to the OP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks AH

Sent a PM to the OP.
View Quote

No problem!  

OP...what ever you do, don't accept a camping invitation with Volvo...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No problem!  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks AH

Sent a PM to the OP.

No problem!  

Why does everyone ruin my chances like that?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top