Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2015 4:20:11 PM EDT
So I'm toying with the idea of selling off the EVO and getting a GT350.  Not the R.  I'm assuming the R will be too rich for my blood.

The 350 price has been floated @ $53k.  I've also seeing that the Tech package might go for around $3k.  That puts me around $56k and frankly based on whats included in the Tech package, that would basically do it for me.

Leaked Order Forms.  Packages and other info listed and a lot of TBD.  

The biggest problem will be dealers and their BS mark ups which I refuse to pay.  Is there any possibility that these could be had for below MSRP?

The other big problem is colors.  That blue is damn sharp.  Was thinking of the following combinations:

Blue /w Black Stripe

Blue /w White Stripe

Silverish* /w Black Stripe.  From the test shots, I'm not sure if thats the Avalanche Gray or Magnetic.  Thinking it's Magnetic.

Black /w Red Stripe

Any others out there putting serious consideration into getting a 350 or 350R?  Thoughts?

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I wish...

If I didn't have to haul so often and/or had more shop/garage space, I would love to own one. 100% chance that I regret not getting one when I had the chance. I guess I'll have to settle with living vicariously through you , be sure to post plenty of pics/reviews! I like the silver/grey and would delete the stripes if I could.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Go join up on the 6G forums and ask around.  There are some guys that have bought the new GT from dealers that say they refuse to do the markups.  One guy even bought his 50th LE for below MSRP.   Start paying a visit to dealers now and ask if they will sell it to you at MSRP or below.  It might surprise you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Might want to look beyond your local area . The Ford dealer I use for parts is not my local dealer and they sell a lot of cars online and over the phone
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I'm toying with the idea of selling off the EVO and getting a GT350.  Not the R.  I'm assuming the R will be too rich for my blood.The 350 price has been floated @ $53k.  I've also seeing that the Tech package might go for around $3k.  That puts me around $56k and frankly based on whats included in the Tech package, that would basically do it for me.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mustang-shelby-gt350-and-gt350r-order-form-leaked/

The biggest problem will be dealers and their BS mark ups which I refuse to pay.  Is there any possibility that these could be had for below MSRP?

The other big problem is colors.  That blue is damn sharp.  Was thinking of the following combinations:
Blue /w Black Stripe
Blue /w White Stripe
Silverish* /w Black Stripe.  From the test shots, I'm not sure if thats the Avalanche Gray or Magnetic.  Thinking it's Magnetic.
Black /w Red Stripe

Any others out there putting serious consideration into getting a 350 or 350R?  Thoughts?

View Quote

Both magnetic and that blue are dead sexy.

I prefer blue with white stripes, but I'm a little biased. I don't think it would work with the new blue they used on the GT350R

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Same situation here as OP. I am very interested in the GT350, however $56k is A LOT of money for a mustang. For that amount of money, I have been looking at used Vipers or perhaps a brand new STi and have some leftover money. Evo's are fun cars, why get rid of it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same situation here as OP. I am very interested in the GT350, however $56k is A LOT of money for a mustang. For that amount of money, I have been looking at used Vipers or perhaps a brand new STi and have some leftover money. Evo's are fun cars, why get rid of it?
View Quote

I have 2 vehicles already and don't need a third.  The evo is my fun car so I'm replacing a fun car with another.  Plus my evo is an 06 so it's 10yrs old.  Time to move on.  I was also looking at the Cadillac ats-v, focus RS and the new corvette.

My Corolla is my daily driver.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I prefer blue with white stripes, but I'm a little biased. I don't think it would work with the new blue they used on the GT350R

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3888/14504417155_14d6c61b0b_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5500/12591422064_29ffa9bd05_b.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I'm toying with the idea of selling off the EVO and getting a GT350.  Not the R.  I'm assuming the R will be too rich for my blood.The 350 price has been floated @ $53k.  I've also seeing that the Tech package might go for around $3k.  That puts me around $56k and frankly based on whats included in the Tech package, that would basically do it for me.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mustang-shelby-gt350-and-gt350r-order-form-leaked/

Blue /w Black Stripe
Blue /w White Stripe
Black /w Red Stripe

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3888/14504417155_14d6c61b0b_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5500/12591422064_29ffa9bd05_b.jpg

I like that blue with the white stripes and that new blue with black stripes.  That computer generated promo with that gray/silver was reminiscent of the Elenore gt500 color which looks sharp.  I'd get that with the black stripes.  

I'm just hoping for more info before they start taking orders.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If Ford really is going to kill off V8s then I really suppose I should start saving now.

Was no shit considering a 2015 GT PP until I saw all the god awful electronics shit creeping in.   I dont like electric start, SYNC, black boxes, or payments on a car that is gonna lose 1/3 of its value in 3 years.

I have some serious soul searching to do as I can either build a custom 65 resto mod, a Factory Five type 65 kit, or buckle down to come up with a 20-25k down payment if not more for a optioned out 2015 or maybe if I am lucky a GT350.

I just wonder if ANY GT350s will sell for under MSRP.    That is what also turned me off buying a 2015 GT from a local dealer, seriously fuck the local dealers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Previous owner of 12 GT and 92 fox coupe here. And the gt350 release is falling in line with my graduation. I in a way want a 350 because i love turns and the sound and looks are just sex but my love for pure straight line power and the ability to go 200+ mph also has me considering a 13/14 gt500 and the fact that i have a cbr600rr for the curves that will eat a 350 alive still has me leaning 13/14 gt500 or possibly the new 3rd gen cts-v with essentially the c7 z06 motor in it. Difficult choice. First world problems.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Go join up on the 6G forums and ask around.  There are some guys that have bought the new GT from dealers that say they refuse to do the markups.  One guy even bought his 50th LE for below MSRP.   Start paying a visit to dealers now and ask if they will sell it to you at MSRP or below.  It might surprise you.
View Quote

+1 the GT350 specific forum is at http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I  I dont like electric start, SYNC, black boxes, or payments on a car that is gonna lose 1/3 of its value in 3 years.

View Quote

Almost every car will lose 1/3 of it's value in 3 years.  I keep mine for 10 + years so the depreciation doesn't affect me that much.  Just got rid of a truck I had for 29 years, yes 29.  I have a 12 year Tacoma, original owner, and I just a bought a 2015 Mustang GT, planning on keeping it until the wheels fall off

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend of mine bought the Nissan GT-R when it came out and didn't want to pay the huge dealer markup. He bought it through Costco. The dealer tried to get out of it, but eventually honored the Costco price because he would lose his affiliation otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Almost every car will lose 1/3 of it's value in 3 years.  I keep mine for 10 + years so the depreciation doesn't affect me that much.  Just got rid of a truck I had for 29 years, yes 29.  I have a 12 year Tacoma, original owner, and I just a bought a 2015 Mustang GT, planning on keeping it until the wheels fall off

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I  I dont like electric start, SYNC, black boxes, or payments on a car that is gonna lose 1/3 of its value in 3 years.

I am in agreement with the idea of keeping a car til it dies.  It is just that for say a 2015 GT, I would prefer to buy used and save 5-8k dollars by waiting and paying all cash (or a SMALL loan) than to pay more for new and having to use a loan for beyond down payment.

Problem is if it is last of the V8 era then the final generation wont be going down in value for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A friend of mine bought the Nissan GT-R when it came out and didn't want to pay the huge dealer markup. He bought it through Costco. The dealer tried to get out of it, but eventually honored the Costco price because he would lose his affiliation otherwise.
View Quote

Awesome to hear.   I talked to a Costco program dealer about the 2015 GT PP about 3 weeks ago.   They were quite reasonable and fell between list and MSRP without any issues.   Would have saved me about 2500 over local dealer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If Ford really is going to kill off V8s then I really suppose I should start saving now.

Was no shit considering a 2015 GT PP until I saw all the god awful electronics shit creeping in.   I dont like electric start, SYNC, black boxes, or payments on a car that is gonna lose 1/3 of its value in 3 years.

I have some serious soul searching to do as I can either build a custom 65 resto mod, a Factory Five type 65 kit, or buckle down to come up with a 20-25k down payment if not more for a optioned out 2015 or maybe if I am lucky a GT350.

I just wonder if ANY GT350s will sell for under MSRP.    That is what also turned me off buying a 2015 GT from a local dealer, seriously fuck the local dealers.
View Quote

Ford won't kill the V8.

OP are you going to get some track time on your GT350?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ford won't kill the V8.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ford won't kill the V8.

I would like to.  I have road course about 20mins away and they are expanding their track this year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone see the Shelby GT offering?

Lets see, 40k dollar car plus another 35-40k for shelby branded bolt on fart in a box.

Or GT350?

Hmmm.   Easy choice is easy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Lets see, 40k dollar car plus another 35-40k for shelby branded bolt on fart in a box.

Or GT350?

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#19]
The prices will be high because demand will be high.  The trick will be to find a dealer with a good allocation and form a relationship. If you  were a long time customer of a particular large Ford dealer, and bought many cars from them over the years, you'd have a chance at MSRP.  Otherwise, probably forget it for at least the first year.  

I know we can't get A-plan on them :-(
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or GT350?

Yup

This may be an over-generalization but all those "tuners" do is put a TVS2300, some stupid aero, and an exhaust on and want to charge you $70k for a car you could build yourself for <$50.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This may be an over-generalization but all those "tuners" do is put a TVS2300, some stupid aero, and an exhaust on and want to charge you $70k for a car you could build yourself for <$50.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or GT350?

Yup

Please direct me to $50 TVS'es
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top