Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 3:04:42 PM EDT
is it true that a liquid filled fuel pressure gauge will change the displayed pressure value if the under hood heat changes too, when the motor was cold it was slapping between 7 and 9, and when I stopped by my buddy's tire shop yesterday it was showing 3.5 after a good shakedown test on the roads, but the fuel bowls were 3/4 full and if you tapped on the gauge it would slowly come up. its a russells brand liquid filled gauge so I would think its a quality gauge.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
so am I better off switching to a non liquid filled gauge for sake of correct pressure showing, but losing the vibration absorption properties of the oil filled gauge.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
View the gauge as an entertainment device. Nothing more nothing less
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]
electronic or go home
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes
View Quote

Why?

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The gauge is referencing pressure in the gauge instead of the atmosphere.  My Aeromotive liquid filled has a vent on top to balance it to atmospheric pressure.  Is there a rubber band around it?  My vent is under a rubber band.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top