Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2014 9:31:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with Bilsteins if they were available.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Bilstein 5100's are available for that truck.  I'd go with those and forget about the others.

That being said I have run Rancho 3ks and 5ks, Superlift whatevers, Zone Offroad cheapos, Gabriels, and some others on my FSCs.  The Rancho 5ks don't last for shit but actually ride pretty nice, the Zone Offroads are cheap and ride pretty nice too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
KYB would be my choice
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bilstein 5100's are available for that truck.  I'd go with those and forget about the others.

That being said I have run Rancho 3ks and 5ks, Superlift whatevers, Zone Offroad cheapos, Gabriels, and some others on my FSCs.  The Rancho 5ks don't last for shit but actually ride pretty nice, the Zone Offroads are cheap and ride pretty nice too.
View Quote

Bilsteins 5100's all the way.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bilstein 5100s vs which KYB?

And are your choices just personal preference, or performance based?  Comfort is important too.
View Quote

Ranchos were softer and did better off-road as it relates to not bouncing my teeth out of my head. The Superlifts were rough everywhere. The Bilstiens are stiff but pliable on-road and felt best under load.  Didn't have enough time with the Zones to make a really good eval of them but they're probably from the same folks who make the Rancho ones (they look identical with different color boots).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top