Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2014 6:24:47 PM EDT
2006 4x4 DC w/105k mi. Bought it at 90kmi.

Hoping someone can give me a clue as to where to start looking.

It's been a great truck but I notice that anytime I apply any throttle, it seems to go from nothing directly to "a little too much." It's hard to explain - I notice it most from a stop - I can just expect there to be a jerk off the line if I'm not eeextra slow about throttle application because it seems like the trans isn't properly clutching or something. The engine doesn't rev up like a slipping clutch, either (throttle position sensor, maybe?).

I've noticed no noises and everything else about the throttle and trans seems to work fine. The driveshaft u-joints don't feel loose but I admit I don't know how to properly check that - I've just grabbed it and tried twisting it real hard.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this:
When coming to a stop, before actually stopping, shift into neutral. Once stopped, shift into drive. Does it still do it? If not, it's probably just axle wrap and you just need to keep the slip yoke well greased.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
If most noticeable when accelerating from a stop and feels like a jolt or bump forward you need to grease the driveshaft slip yoke.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys. I'll look into that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top