Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 10:38:06 PM EDT
I have a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 CID.
Last week I had the A/C repaired, new compressor/clutch assembly, receiver drier, cabin filter, the works. All done by a professional auto repair shop and it worked great.

The next day I went to work and the van just died in the street so I had it towed to a Chrysler dealer and after several days they called and said the PCM - "Powertrain Control Module" was bad, so I had them replace it and now my new A/C system doesn't work anymore but the van does run fine again.

I believe the PCM controls the A/C but I'm not sure. So who should I take it too? The shop that fixed the A/C or the dealer who replaced the PCM, my guess would be the dealer who replaced the PCM.

You see where this might go, the dealer could say that it's the A/C shops problem and the A/C shop could say it's the dealers problem, although, the dealer has not been told about the new A/C work.

I've now got about $1200.00 in the repairs and I want everything to work right. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:23:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Dealer that installed the PCM is where I would take it. The PCM does control the A/C.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
just so you know, you can get a rebuilt, lifetime warranty pcm for  $225. I just orderd one last night for my wife's 1998 Durango from www.allcomputerresources.com

here's your's
http://store.allcomputerresources.com/20docapcmecm2.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It wouldn't hurt to check the fuses and relays for the air conditioning system.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It wouldn't hurt to check the fuses and relays for the air conditioning system.
View Quote

I did this but they were alright.

But! I was looking around the engine compartment with my drop light and discovered that someone, for what ever reason had disconnected the safety switch on top of the new receiver drier. So I re-connected it and the A/C works just fine again.
It's hard to believe that the connector just came off since it has a snap lock to keep it on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top