Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 4:48:29 PM EDT
Anyone have a service awd message display on your gmc acadia and find a solution? I just had one come on and I was wondering what others might have found to be the problem
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Obviously not of much help...seems lots of ppl decide to solve this by trading them off.

I comment all the time on how many of these we get in on trade.

That being said, if it were mine Id scan it, and track down whatever sensor or system it pointed me to.

Could it be some type of servo or actuator problem?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Obviously not of much help...seems lots of ppl decide to solve this by trading them off.

I comment all the time on how many of these we get in on trade.

That being said, if it were mine Id scan it, and track down whatever sensor or system it pointed me to.

Could it be some type of servo or actuator problem?
View Quote

So you work on the Acadia's? NVM, RIF

Ive been looking at getting one later on this year, was thinking no older than an '10 model year.

Anything to really look out for on these? any other purchasing advice possibly?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Our 08 envoy had this and it was the brake booster throwing a code for the abs which tells the wad to kick in. They had a recall on it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Those have a regular problem with the actuator and stub shaft housing that bolts to the oil pan.

ETA: Disregard that, I am thinking of the Envoy/Trailblazer line.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an 08 we got for for the wife to drive. Within the year and a half she had it, she had over $10k worth of warranty work done to the thing. I traded it off the last time it was in the shop for work and got a 2013 for less money per month. Every time i go to the dealership, out of the 12 bays they have for service i would say minimum 7 Acadias are on the lifts.

My friend who was the service manager said they are the biggest thorn in his side and his wife wanted one and he told her not no, but hell no.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I dumped my wife's Acadia with 65,000 miles in favor of a Highlander.

The Acadia seemed cheap inside (this was a loaded model with leather, dvd system, dual moonroof, etc).  The water pump failed early, then the power steering pump crapped out.  

No GMC's for us anymore unless it's a pickup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top