Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 2:34:59 PM EDT

I just wanted to start this thread to warn anyone looking for a new Pathfinder. They have severe transmission problems with their 2nd Gen CVT and I would avoid them. We started having the shudder/judder a couple months after purchase, and it continually worsened. Nissan at first tried a software update, but that didn't work. We waited 6 months, all the while the judder getting worse, and they came out with a new torque converter for the problem. We so hoped that would be the end of it, but it's back. Some are estimating it affects 25%+ percent of Pathfinders and V6 Altimas. All I know is my local Nissan dealer has swapped many,many, many CVTs and torque converters alone and the web is full of others complaints. A new TSB that was leaked has Nissan swapping the CVT for one built in Japan later this year. Hopefully that will fix it and I don't have to Lemon Law the sucker.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You couldn't be more off base.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have waited for the hybrid Pathfinder.......it doesn't have a torque converter
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-10-least-reliable-cars-181031192.html

New Pathfinder, #5 on CR's LEAST reliable list.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Unfortunately this totaled our Murano so there was no waiting.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Should have waited for the hybrid Pathfinder.......it doesn't have a torque converter
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
What does that supposed to mean? I see your in TN, maybe you work at the factory, if so I was really disappointed that the factory left a few interior parts off when they shipped and we won't even talk about the passenger air bag light problem, ok        
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You couldn't be more off base.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top