Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 7:20:44 PM EDT
Hi all. I'm looking for an oil drain valve to go on my truck which I take through brush and up mountain trails.

I have looked at the Fumoto valves but dislike that they stick out (especially with a hose bib) and that they have a turntable valve that may have possibility for brush or something to wrap around and pull or open the valve.

Has anyone used a system such as the product below or are able to recommend one?
http://www.nospillsystems.com/
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Skid plates. There should be about 3/16th of mild steel plate between your oil pan and your terrain.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Is your drain plug on the bottom or side / rear of the oil pan?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a Fumoto valve on the bottom of the Cummins engine in my Dodge Ram for years. Never a problem with it catching on anything or accidentally opening. I just ordered ones for our Nissan Maxima and Subaru Impreza.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:45:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't the Fumitomo's have a cap?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Theres the fumoto, but it does stick out a bit.

I would use one depending where you drain hole is located.

http://www.qwikvalve.com/
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi all. I'm looking for an oil drain valve to go on my truck which I take through brush and up mountain trails.

I have looked at the Fumoto valves but dislike that they stick out (especially with a hose bib) and that they have a turntable valve that may have possibility for brush or something to wrap around and pull or open the valve.

Has anyone used a system such as the product below or are able to recommend one?
http://www.nospillsystems.com/
View Quote

I have the low profile Femco's on the oil pan and auto trans on a Land Cruiser, swmbo's Ram w/ Cummins, and an older GMC Burb.

All have been off-road, but not rock crawled.  

No issues with any leakage.

Make SURE you have the Femco drain hose available...I have one in each of the trucks, and a couple in the garage roll-away.

Good stuff.

-hanko
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies all. My drain is on the rear of the pan at a slightly downward facing angle. So skid plates to protect it. I'm not rock crawling with it. I wish I was that exciting
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Fumoto on my Ford diesel.  Love it, and its been perfect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top