Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 12:27:39 PM EDT

I've always wanted a truck, and have the chance to get one at a decent price.

Looking at buying a double cab 4x4 from the father in law. Was his farm truck and has 100k on it. We're going by trade in value so mid teens price-wise.

I'm looking at light offroading during hunting season--nothing crazy and a couple of weeks of driving in the snow a year. Other then that camping etc. I know it doesn't have a locker on the rear, but I don't think I'll have need for that. Not planning on towing much right now but might get a utility trailer later.

Another thing, not planning on being a daily driver most of the year at most 4months of the year. I've got a small car for that.

Additionally, I'm friends with a UTI tech that knows what he's doing, and I can pay him in beer if I need to upgrade suspension or fix what's wrong with it.  Another thing I generally take pretty good care of vehicles, getting this truck will force me to get rid of an 01 v6 accord with 280k-- I wanted to see if I could get it to 300k but would rather own a truck.

I realize I'll probably have to put a little cash into it one way or another.

What says the hive?

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good price. Should last you a long time and be reliable. I have 3 Toyotas and have never had a serious problem with any of them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top