Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2013 7:03:49 AM EDT
A really good race and a really suck-ass race.

First and foremost, "control" tires (and racing) suck ass.
Spec racing at its weakest.
Fuck that noise.

A black flag for missing the pits?
Should have been a 15 second penalty tacked on at the end of the race or a stop and go in the pits.

Aspar dumps Aprillia, Hayden to  Aspar "Customer" RC213V Honda.
Those that say it's the bike....
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
That was a fucking crazy assed race.....

I'm glad they gave Marquez a haircut-he's obviously talented but he needs to find some maturity before he hurts someone or ends up crippled.

Dani- how long is Asshole academy, anyway? there is a post on Apriliaforum about the head of Tissot coming to see him yesterday with his daughter who was an obvious fan and wanting a photo/autograph in the pits and he gave her the hand. and turned away.

Jorge is The Man. I've never respected a roadracer as much as I do him. Cal is currently riding better than Rossi on an inferior bike-makes you wonder where he'd be if Yamaha could have guaranteed him a seamless transmission and better parts..... His team had to supply their own brakes this season-I wonder how it makes business sense to race a satellite bike if the factories won't allow you to be competitive enough to beat them? I'm really, really, really, displeased with Yamaha at the moment for how they did Ben last season knowing they had to make a spot for Valentino...... I'd be laying a lot more hate on them if I didn't just hate Honda just a little more.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
If you were wondering why they had those stupid forced pit stops (like I was), this should clear things up:

I guess the tire guys weren't ready for the new PI surface.

I agree that the black flag for missing the pit in was a joke. Complete disqualification for this? Ridiculous.

Hell, all Pedrosa had to do for speeding on pit lane was give up a position.

This was a rare screwup for MotoGP I think. It really made the whole event look bad.

ETA: http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/free+videos

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you were wondering why they had those stupid forced pit stops (like I was), this should clear things up:
View Quote

Don't you read AMA Soup or Roadracing World or Crash.net or MCN News or Cycle News or....
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A really good race and a really suck-ass race.

First and foremost, "control" tires (and racing) suck ass.
Spec racing at its weakest.
Fuck that noise.

A black flag for missing the pits?
Should have been a 15 second penalty tacked on at the end of the race or a stop and go in the pits.

Aspar dumps Aprillia, Hayden to  Aspar "Customer" RC213V Honda.
Those that say it's the bike....
View Quote

It's sad to see MotoGP sucking so bad.

If you think that a spec and/or control series sucks so bad, why do you think the Moto2 class is so full & competitive?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you think that a spec and/or control series sucks so bad, why do you think the Moto2 class is so full & competitive?
View Quote

Because it's cheap.
That's why they went with it.
Of course I also think that the 4 strokes suck and that the name MotoGP sucks too.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I just finished watching the race. Man that was bizarro world for sure. Almost like it was planned or something.

The kid wasn't the only one to get the BF either, an Ozzie got one too. They made that rule very clear and it was for safety. You break it, you pay.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Might be a stupid question but where do you guys watch these races?  Are they on normal cable or the internet?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Might be a stupid question but where do you guys watch these races?  Are they on normal cable or the internet?
View Quote

They were on the Speed channel, but Speed became Fox Sports 1.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dont have cable, so i dl torrents.  Sure, I have to wait a few hours, but i get to watchthe bbc broadcasts.

Did speed channel comment on the crowd?  No casey, no attendance.

Also curious as to why marc went the extra lap?  Lost focus? Flaunting the rules? Tunnel vision?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Also curious as to why marc went the extra lap?  Lost focus? Flaunting the rules? Tunnel vision?
View Quote

Team Honda says it was their fault.
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/197261/1/marc_marquez_explains_phillip_island_black_flag.html

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#12]
What a giant fuckup. Shame what happened to marquez. That boy has put on one hell of a showing this season.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Team Honda says it was their fault.
View Quote

Watching more footage, I think Honda is covering for Marc.  When Marc blew past teh pit stop, the pit crew/number board guys were like "WTF", looks on faces, hands in the air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top