Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2013 12:38:23 PM EDT
I bought a set of Raceline Renegade 6 wheels for my 2013 F150 and these wheels are non hub centric. My local tire shop insists that I use hub centric rings because these new fords require it apparently. My confusion is that the hubs on my truck are 87mm and the hub bore diameter of my wheels is 87.12mm. Do I really need a hubcentric ring for that small of a difference?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
.12mm= .0047".  So I'd say no.  I bet the wheels have more runout that that between the OD and ID.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got some rings on my CTS but they are for a hub bore of 73.00mm and a hub of 70.30. Big difference between that and what you have.

I'd ask to see the rings before I buy and verify fit. Doesn't make sense based on op.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't think there was nearly enough of a difference to warrant a ring either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If I'm reading this right there's only 0.12mm difference between the hub and bore dimensions. If so that is only 0.06 mm space between the hub and wheel. There's no reason to worry about that much space. That's the thickness of thin paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top