BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2011 7:04:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

I drove a 2010 earlier this year, holy shit that car was fast!

I may have the opportunity to drive an LFA in the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh. Make mine a Challenge Stradale.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nice!

FU

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Any parent that gives their teenage kid the ok to buy a "small" 600 or 750 sportbike as their first bike needs to take a ride in that car so they can get a comprehension.  

It always impresses me when a production car has the same acceleration numbers as a sportbike.  Far too often "fast" sports cars equate to "slow" bikes if you look at the acceleration numbers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell.Yeah.

Why spend the money when you can rape ferraris for a fraction of the price?
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd wait for the 2014 redesigned model.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Will you be able to use all the car's features without voiding the warranty?
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hell.Yeah.

Why spend the money when you can rape ferraris for a fraction of the price?

I would be more that happy to spend the money on a Ferrari and i rather have a Ferrari over that GTR or any other car ever made. But that is just me and it has nothing to do with speed, handling  or looks.

The GTR is a nice car tho.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Computer with wheels. Impressive from a spec sheet stand point but no passion. I'll pass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Computer with wheels. Impressive from a spec sheet stand point but no passion. I'll pass.

different strokes for different folks I guess.

Seems to me that passion is what drove some brilliant engineers to make a car that performs like that.

I would certainly be passionate in that car
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#11]
very quick off the line with that AWD...and it will get to the quarter first as well..but after that it'll lose out to quite a few of the lighter RWD cars
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
very quick off the line with that AWD...and it will get to the quarter first as well..but after that it'll lose out to quite a few of the lighter RWD cars

That will really make it suck for the morning commute and the all important 0-150 mph benchmark.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I agree with the no passion thing, but a computer on wheels is the logical progression of cars. It obviously makes for a much faster vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Not bad, only slighty slower than a Ducati 1198 or KX-10R.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 4:17:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Except they cost less than $20,000. For the price they're asking for the GT-R you could get a Panagale AND a Desmosedecci.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except they cost less than $20,000. For the price they're asking for the GT-R you could get a Panagale AND a Desmosedecci.

Still a bargain...It is a car after all..bikes are expected to run 10 sec quarters...having a 3700lb car do it in showroom trim? That thing is a marvel.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with the no passion thing, but a computer on wheels is the logical progression of cars. It obviously makes for a much faster vehicle.

Agreed but I'd rather enjoy the driving experience and give up a few tenths.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 5:23:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to the other end and get a viper. Over-drive it a bit and it kills you
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to the other end and get a viper. Over-drive it a bit and it kills you

All things in moderation.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just can't really take Nissan seriously with that car, with the Nurburgring debacle with Porsche, and the whole launch control fiasco.

So I am kind of familiar with the launch control thing. What was the porsche thing?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just can't really take Nissan seriously with that car, with the Nurburgring debacle with Porsche, and the whole launch control fiasco.

So I am kind of familiar with the launch control thing. What was the porsche thing?

I think he is referring to Porsche claiming that there was no way they could replicate the numbers Nissan was getting at Nurbugring out of a stock vehicle.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I have to see video of a decent driver on the "Ring" driving before I believe the #'s.   There have been alot of weird "Ring" times floating around the net.   Some even faster than what I can run in Gran Turismo 5.   Pretty sure I'm going much faster in a fake video game than cars in real life.

I'd still rather have a Ferrari 458 Italia.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Short version, Nissan ran a GT-R to some insane time on the 'Ring and proudly proclaimed that it was faster than a 911 Turbo and GT2, cars that weigh less and have more power than the GT-R.  

Never heard how the 'Ring controvery ended up but the GT-R routinely outruns lighter more powerful cars...Its AWD system creates a huge advantage in grip that allows it to do so while some RWD cars are still trying to hookup

here
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Do they still void your warranty if you use the launch control and grenade the tranny?  Still a really cool car!
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#28]
The section of arfcom is anti-Nissan, would be a small group buy

They don't like Ridgeline's as well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm in for one of each
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in for one of each

I'm the black sheep here, Work for Nissan and own a Ridgeline. GT-R is a phenomenal car, nothing touches the performance in a new car for the $.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Glock of performance vehicles.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in for one of each

I'm the black sheep here, Work for Nissan and own a Ridgeline. GT-R is a phenomenal car, nothing touches the performance in a new car for the $.

I like the Ridgeline, I test drove one in 06 when I bought my civic. If I didn't commute 65 miles a day I would have bought one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Me too.

There is more to a car than just performance.

The 458 Italia is pure Sex.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Yeah, I passed a GT-R on the highway a few weeks ago...Lookswise its hard to get worked up over it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Yeah, I passed a GT-R on the highway a few weeks ago...Lookswise its hard to get worked up over it.

They call it Godzilla for a reason... Mostly because it looks about as attractive.....
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

They call it Godzilla for a reason... Mostly because it looks about as attractive.....

AND it's HUGE!

Link Posted: 12/21/2011 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Any car looks huge next to a lowered NSX
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Bimmer had one they got on trade for a while.... I never drove it but it looked rather out of place.  I'm still waiting on my bugatti veyron sport.  AWD and 1100 hp.  Plus it has a HP gauge.  I mean who cares about performance per dollar?  it has a HP gauge!!!!  Imagine doing a valve job on that sucker.  I'd get real tired after the first 8 cylinders and have another 8 to go!
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Just watched one of the season 11 Top Gear episodes about the GTR last night.  Incredibly impressive car.

I'd take a 5yr old DB9 over it in a heartbeat though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just watched one of the season 11 Top Gear episodes about the GTR last night.  Incredibly impressive car.

I'd take a 5yr old DB9 over it in a heartbeat though.

I'd take a 5 year old DB9 over damn near anything
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any parent that gives their teenage kid the ok to buy a "small" 600 or 750 sportbike as their first bike needs to take a ride in that car so they can get a comprehension.  

It always impresses me when a production car has the same acceleration numbers as a sportbike.  Far too often "fast" sports cars equate to "slow" bikes if you look at the acceleration numbers.

Try looking at max lateral acceleration or braking distances.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#42]
A local guy has one of the newer ones and drives it in rain and snow and salt and everything else.

Its always filthy dirty and he romps the piss out of it.

Awesome
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice!

FU

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures...

Here's what I've been driving.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

While I could never justify the price for a car that expensive. I too agree it is just a smart car for dumb drivers.  The car will take care of you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Short version, Nissan ran a GT-R to some insane time on the 'Ring and proudly proclaimed that it was faster than a 911 Turbo and GT2, cars that weigh less and have more power than the GT-R.  

Never heard how the 'Ring controvery ended up but the GT-R routinely outruns lighter more powerful cars...Its AWD system creates a huge advantage in grip that allows it to do so while some RWD cars are still trying to hookup

here

Based on the video my lowly 2011 SS camaro would win by 0.4 seconds  and for only 55K

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I could never justify the price for a car that expensive. I too agree it is just a smart car for dumb drivers.  The car will take care of you.

According to that logic if you are driving anything but a viper, any other car is just a smart car for dumb drivers.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

Based on the video my lowly 2011 SS camaro would win by 0.4 seconds  and for only 55K

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

your camaro is a 10sec car ....stock?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Had some time behind the wheel of a 10 GTR today..... Phenomenal car, very difficult to drive anywhere close to the speed limit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top