Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2011 9:36:04 AM EDT
Hey yall, got an issue,,

I have a 2010 f150 fx2 with 18 inch wheels,  the manual says using chins will void my warranty .

Unfortunately I don't have a no chain option where I live, or where I'll be driving thu next month, anyone have ny recommendations on what to do chain wise to minimize possible damage?

I understand that the 18s allow less clearance for the brake lines and all, but I neeeeed a chain option

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Bi-Mart cables. I bought some there, they don't have tightening cams so make sure to get the big spider-webby bunger cord thing that tightens it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the ALLOY SQUARE STRAIGHT LINK in 5.5mm. from tirechain.com. They use 5 cam locks around the perimeter of the chain to really snug the chains up.

I use the heavier V-bar chains with the cam locks and back them up with the RUBBER  ADJUSTERS (might be overkill) I use them on my Dodge CTD and have used them in snow, ice and mud, I've never had a problem with them loosening up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top