Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2011 6:59:42 PM EDT

My first car in high school was a used 66 Caprice. Body and paint wasn't in all that great a shape but the 327" 4 barrel V8 was just awesome. I didn't have the money at the time to do anything with it and ended up selling it off. Now I wish I still had it!

So- if you own one of these then for nostalgia's sake -  would love to see your photos!
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My first car in high school was a used 66 Caprice. Body and paint wasn't in all that great a shape but the 327" 4 barrel V8 was just awesome. I didn't have the money at the time to do anything with it and ended up selling it off. Now I wish I still had it!

So- if you own one of these then for nostalgia's sake -  would love to see your photos!
We share the same story

My first car in high school was a 66 Impala 2 dr. , 327 4bbl. / powerglide. Air shocks , Cragar SS mags, L-60/15 tires in the back. Black jack headers with Thrush mufflers.

A Kraco tape player, "200 watt" equalizer/ power booster and Sparkomatic 6x9 speakers.  Fond memories...

Same situation w/ body and money.

Sold it 20 years ago. Regret not keeping it, now that I have money, and restoration parts are more available now.

And I never took one single picture.

Maybe someday I'll get another, but as per the OP's request, lets see those pictures

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 66 Caprice 2dr hardtop sitting in my garage.  An old neighbor of my parents had a #s matching 66 SS396 Chevelle, and blew the rods out the side of the block.  About 10 years ago, he found a 66 396 Caprice, TH400, 12 bolt posi car that had the right date code motor.  He paid $4000 for the car, drove it 3 hours home, pulled the engine and pushed in a shed.  A year later, he sold me the car for $200 with the Turbo 400 and 12 blot still in it.  I dropped a 400 small block in it and used it for a work car.  It needs a full resto, and I am currently in the middle of swapping in a 350 TBI, TH200R4 into it.  This is the only pic I have of it parked next to my beater T-bucket in front of my neighbors beater house.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#3]
had a 74 caprice classic.

350 w quadrajet

full power and fender skirts

wisconsin winters had it all colors and forms of rust in 85.

that was a gas sucking machine but foot was very heavy as evident by illnois state police speeding ticket(s)

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

[My first car in high school was a 66 Impala 2 dr. , 327 4bbl. / powerglide. Air shocks , Cragar SS mags, L-60/15 tires in the back. Black jack headers with Thrush mufflers.
A Kraco tape player, "200 watt" equalizer/ power booster and Sparkomatic 6x9 speakers.  Fond memories...

LOL, sounds JUST like my first few cars,right down to teh Kraco 8 trackm and Sparkomatic speakers.
But all the cool kids ran Big Daddy glasspacks
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I started out the other way..my first car was a 72 volvo station wagon and things went down hill from there.
I'd love to see some pics of that "beater t bucket"..[/quote
Here's a couple more.  I end up changing the car every couple years or so.  Sorry for derailing the Caprice thread OP.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[My first car in high school was a 66 Impala 2 dr. , 327 4bbl. / powerglide. Air shocks , Cragar SS mags, L-60/15 tires in the back. Black jack headers with Thrush mufflers.

LOL, sounds JUST like my first few cars,right down to teh Kraco 8 trackm and Sparkomatic speakers.

But all the cool kids ran Big Daddy glasspacks
I got this cool sticker to put on the window, though

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I always got crap about what a barge my Captive was. I finally weighed it at work. It weighed 3650 with aluminium wheels and headers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's my 1970 with 82k on her, I've had it for about 6 years now, someday I'll scrape together some cash to do something with it, until then it sits at my parents house in the garage, my dad drives it from time to time (breaks his little heart )

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top