Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 11:55:54 AM EDT
So i just pour the acid in, cap it, and charge it? Because that is what I did I hope I'm right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
It didn't come with instructions?
Make sure you connect the overflow tube or you will be sporting some fucked up chrome and a rusty frame.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you were also suppoesed to wait 45min-1hr before putting the cap over the acid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
put acid in, let it sit for maybe 20 mins until it stops boiling. No need to charge it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been using maintenance free batteries for the last few years, but I thought the instructions for wet batteries said to put in the acid, leave the caps off and charge at 1/10 the capacity of the battery (ie. 2 amps for a 20 amp battery) for a certain number of hours.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been using maintenance free batteries for the last few years, but I thought the instructions for wet batteries said to put in the acid, leave the caps off and charge at 1/10 the capacity of the battery (ie. 2 amps for a 20 amp battery) for a certain number of hours.

They say charge but it isnt nessesary.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My next MC battery will be a sealed unit.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't charge it, it won't last as long...... it IS better to charge a new battery.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't charge it, it won't last as long...... it IS better to charge a new battery.

I did throw it in the charger immediately after i poured the acid and capped it, it was only on the charge about an hour because the charger has a gauge on it which read full, after that i installed it and didn't ride the bike until the next day, and everything went fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top