Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 5:39:10 PM EDT
I have a beautiful, almost showroom condition 1994 Mercedes E320. Obviously after all these years, it has accumulated small rock chips in the paint.
Where is the best place to go to get matching touch up paint and would you do it by hand with a fine pointed brush and gradually fill the chip in, or use something like a modelers air gun and spray it on???

EDIT to clarify: I'm talking about numerous very small rock chips and door dings
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to check your local mercedes shop and see how much it is just to have the whole thing repainted.

I had a chin spoiler on a Mustang get scrapped on a curb, they sanded and repainted/cleared it for $100 and it was an amazing job.  Some guy there even detailed and waxed it for me.  Businesses are hurting right now, they have cheap prices.

If you just want to touch up, you might have to order some or get some from the dealership.  I don't think many auto stores carry Euro car paint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top