Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2010 3:21:43 PM EDT
I have a 2 ton steel floor jack (made in the USA) BUT the sucker weighs too much (probably around 80-90 lbs) for me to like loading and unloading in the truck bed.  

Looking around for a "racing" aluminum jack, I ran across the Bend-Pak Ranger RFJ-3000 which is a 3000 pound floor jack.  It weighs about 39 pounds.

I will use it mostly to lift the 2500HD (5500 lb curb weight) to put in the jack stands and rotate the front tire to rear & rear tire to front.

But before spending $200 - I want to see if anyone has any experience with it.  

Yes I know I can get a Harbor Freight aluminum racing floor jack at $60 but I don't trust those and they have bad reviews anymore.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If you get it I'd be interested in a review.

I have one of the HF aluminum jacks for home use under my car but want something "better" to equip my truck with when I take it way out.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
HF has at least three grades of aluminum jacks.  If you use it within its rating, it is just fine.  Always use a jack stand if you are under the car.  

I use the middle of the line HF aluminum jack and have for many years. It lifts my Ram 1500, although I think it is slightly underrated for it.  This jack does not leak.  

Their price leader $60 jack isn't good for anything but lightweight ricers.

What is the price on the bendpac?  Post a photo.

Here is a review.  I see it is only a 3000lb jack.  Meh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top