Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2010 7:32:20 AM EDT
ok, im researching the rarity of my firebird and my google-fu is weak

its a 1980 formula firebird, 4.9 litre, 301 cubic inch v8  (not the turbo model)

in 1980 they made something like 60,000 transams.  I was told that they made 9,000 of my car by my brother.

in the first 3 years a car model is out, 20% of cars end up in salvage or wrecked, 30 years later, how rare do you think my car is?

I'm going to the shop later today to take more pictures if they are needed

there was no bird on the hood of this car, only designation was "formula" written across the back of the trunk lid

I really like the car because it reminds me more of early 2nd generation than the plastic fiberglass ones from the 3rd gen.

comments are nice
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know how many are left. But if you want a value, next time you are at Walmart or the grocery store, look for Old Cars Price Guide. It goes into more detail than NADA or KBB & is more accurate in pricing.

The naturally aspirated 301 isn't all that desired either. Yeah, you have a Formula, which is a plus, but it ain't a Trans AM & the engine is kinda...meh.

Link Posted: 7/11/2010 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Africa Pictures...post them.

Link Posted: 7/11/2010 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

/thread
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/thread

Link Posted: 7/12/2010 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

F'n awesome.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

+1, no one offer any useful advice until he gives in.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

+1, no one offer any useful advice until he gives in.  

This is so true, it sickens me. SPecially if the question involves a girl of any kind. You can bet the first 5-10 posts are nothing more then "PICS pics PICS
PICS PICS PICS GIMEE PICS, WE WANT PICS, PICS OR NOT ADVICE, PICS, PICSSSSSSSSSSSS"...

Link Posted: 7/12/2010 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]
ok ok ok, I have to get them off of my laptop and host them......you guys.....sheesh

edit-this is going to be the longest picture thread ever, you realize that right?

edit again, 129 photos so far.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1049082&page=3�

picture thread up, now will you help me research my car?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I drove her, unregistered, uninsured, 1.5 hours from College Station to Tomball.  what a rush

been tuning every day after work.  I think the first thing to do is replace carb/manifold and pull the smog pump

im gonna keep all stock parts wrapped and boxed
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Check Out www.LS1tech.com its geared toward late models but lots of info or how to find the info your lookin for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top