Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:24:39 AM EDT
I'm looking around for a distributor who might be able to get our products into stores, but I'm not getting very far with my own research.

Does anybody here work with such a company?  What has been your experience?  Would you recommend them?  I have other questions, so if anyone out there can help, please do!

_MaH
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Most distributors work within a product line.  They might sell just paper products, or beverages.  Also, some of them distribute by end user like food service distributors.  I might be able to help you more if I knew your product line.

Also, if you have only a single product, you might not be able to get anyone to distribute it because they already handle a competing product.  Some distributors only handle Coca Cola Foods products so they wouldn't handle your product if it competed with, say, Minute Maid juices.

A wild idea:  Google distributors for your product in your area.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of product? Or what industry?
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Homemade candles.

_MaH
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
You probably want to find a company that distributes to gift stores.  Worst case:  Go to a couple of local gift stores & ask them who they buy from.
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You probably want to find a company that distributes to gift stores.  Worst case:  Go to a couple of local gift stores & ask them who they buy from.

Yup.  Know of any off-hand or where to find listings of companies that do this?

_MaH
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Homemade candles.

_MaH

Do you have one that smells like burnt gun powder or Breakfree CLP?
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Homemade candles.

_MaH

No.  I'm supporting my wife's vision of owning a candle making business.

_MaH
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:17:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Homemade candles.

_MaH

Good idea for those of us who can't make it to the range as much as we would like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top