Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2007 6:04:21 PM EDT
Can you guys give me some info on how to invest in these penny stocks? What is the difference between these and normal stocks that trade. Where can i trade these and what would you say is the minimum investment to make to have a decent ROI?
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Stocks with so little value and volume they are not listed, even on the exchange.
Beware the 'pump & dump' scams that are all over the place.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't use the rent money. Those shares are so thinly traded that even if the share price goes thru the roof YOU may not be able to find a buyer. Many of those companies don't really exist except on paper. There will most likely always be a buyer for the worst companies on a real exchange but the same can't be said for the shares you are talking about. There are some legit companies that trade OTC but they require 10 times the research of a company that's traded on a regular exchange. If you have some money to just piss away then give it a shot but don't expect to see the money again. If you think you don't have enough money to get into the market park your spare money at Fidelity until you do.  SS
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Rough rule-of-thumb on Pink Sheet stocks:  The risk greatly outweighs the reward.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rough rule-of-thumb on Pink Sheet stocks:  The risk greatly outweighs the reward.

+1
Unless you're a good trader, don't go there. Sure, you might hit the lotto and buy a stock @.05 and have it go to a 1$. Pink sheet stocks are there for a reason - they are companies that can't make the min listing requirements to be on an exchange...they are on the pinks for a reason. Learn technical analysis, if you want to have a chance at winning on a regular basis. There are plenty of guys out there willing to take your money from you.....Believe me, it's possible to find stocks that pop 20+% in a few days to a few weeks. I do it all the time. sold crox for a 15% pop this week, and mea for a 22% pop. - it can be done on a regular basis, you just gotta learn how to play the game.

Here, read Trading for a living by dr alexander elder, it's a good into to tech analysis and covers the hardest part of being a trader - the emotions of fear and greed.

stay outta the pink and buy what you know.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top