Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 7:55:40 PM EDT

...before they hatch?

www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2007-08-13-briny-breezes_N.htm

ar-jedi

ps:

Ileane Aztiazarain, 42, says she and her husband, Jose, recently spent $52,000 on a 29-foot boat and $40,000 on a truck to tow it. The couple bought their double-wide trailer and lot two years ago for $325,000 and were eager to pocket $1 million.

there are $325K doublewides?  wow.  just wow.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sucks.  I probably would have been one of those people who went out and spent some $$$ expecting it to go through.  Bummer for those people.

btw, I remember seeing million dollar doublewide's and trailor's out in the mountains in colorado.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2007 1:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
btw, I remember seeing million dollar doublewide's and trailor's out in the mountains in colorado.  

I'm sure the majority of the price is from the land. Those trailers in Florida have NO land
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I consider stories like this real life morality plays, they make me giggle
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 4:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
This shows you how messed up American's sense of financial management is.  DON'T spend your money before you make it!!

Thanks to the OP for posting!
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
DON'T spend your money before you make it the check clears!!

Thanks to the OP for posting!

Edited b/c I had an employer burn me once.  I did get my money eventually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top