Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2007 3:55:02 PM EDT
I've read a couple of William O'Neil's books about his CANSLIM method and methods of markettiming.  I liked his method because it has pretty objective rules that take out a lot of the "guesswork."

Anyways, I'm wondering if IBD called the market correction today.

Any subscribers out there?  What does "The Big Picture"  from Feb 27th say?  Were they advocating being in cash at all?

ETA: I have not invested according to the CANSLIM model yet.  Up until now all my investment money was going into my Roth for which I am following a more conservative approach.  I am just now at the point where I am starting to save even more cash for more agressive trading in a taxable account, and I was going to do the CANSLIM thing with that bankroll once I scraped together a few grand.

So that's why I'm interested if IBD gave any warnings of the carnage that happened today.  Because I might start to rely on IBD in the future.  Just trying to get an idea of their track record.  I know they claimed to call the 2000 market top and 2003 bottom in IBD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top