Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 3:45:58 PM EDT
Are these guys any good?  

Is life insurance a good thing?

What other investment vessels do you recommend I get into beside ROTH IRAs, and mutual funds?

Max
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIHear term is the only way to go. A friend worked @ a ins agency for yrs in the 70's n' 80's. Only insure yourself for your gross or net (your call) worth.....all things considered.ETA(NO dependents NO LIFE ins! No-LOAD Mutual funds would be my advice...you own your house right.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I am single and have no kids.  Currently I have enough for the home I own.

Any other input about these guys?

Max
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Metlife is huge, and has very good products.  But if your looking for term life insurance there are less expensive places just as credit worthy.

Life insurance is a financial planning tool.  In your situation, the reason you would get life insurance is to take advantage of your youth and good health.  Because of this, your insurance will cost alot less now than when your 40 and really starting to need the protection (have people you want to take care of).

Lock in cheap now and get 30 yr. term.  You won't regret it.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, I am single and have no kids.  Currently I have enough for the home I own.

Any other input about these guys?

Max

Not knowing your exact complete financial picture.  Based on the information you have given.

If you have NO dependents you really don't need life insurance.  You are better off putting money away into mutual funds. Generally life insurance is a needs based product. No dependents no need.

If you do feel you want to purchase life insurance your best route is term.  You are buying more protection for less money.  Whole life or variable life costs too much.  There are exceptions to that rule.  Unusual family medical history, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top