Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 4:39:53 PM EDT
Bought in at $14.97 it $24.80 now would you :

sell all now
sell half now
ride it some more and hope its not a roller coaster with a steep down hill.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:02:08 AM EDT
[#1]
It's in a nice upward trend.  I would hang on until it appears that trend has come to an end.  But you must decide what that point is (for example, when the 50 day moving average crosses under the 200 day moving average, or if it has a big move down on heavy volume).  But this last big move up was on very high volume, and it's moving along with the broad market which is also in an uptrend.  Looks like a strong stock to me, I would hold on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The pundits say it's currently the share to own with all the future demand for flat screen HDTVs and such....but the pundits say a lot of things and are of course never accountable for inaccurate predictions.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Corning (GLW) is just starting to heat up after being stagnant for a fairly long time.
Now check out Matsushita Electric Industrial (MC). They've gone up almost 6 points ($16-22) in the last 6 months and have stated they want to have 40% of the big screen market by 2010. They are more diversified than Corning and have more production capacity in their factories.
Were it me, I'd sell half of the Corning and invest it in Matsushita.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Corning (GLW) is just starting to heat up after being stagnant for a fairly long time.
Now check out Matsushita Electric Industrial (MC). They've gone up almost 6 points ($16-22) in the last 6 months and have stated they want to have 40% of the big screen market by 2010. They are more diversified than Corning and have more production capacity in their factories.
Were it me, I'd sell half of the Corning and invest it in Matsushita.

Watching Cramer on Mad Money?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nope, Sold my Corning 3 months ago for Matsushita. Corning was part of a silicon play I made back in March of 2005 by buying Komatsu (KMTUY), MEMC (WFR) and Corning (GLW). Corning didn't move so I sold it off and bought the Matsushita instead. So far it's worked out for me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, Sold my Corning 3 months ago for Matsushita. Corning was part of a silicon play I made back in March of 2005 by buying Komatsu (KMTUY), MEMC (WFR) and Corning (GLW). Corning didn't move so I sold it off and bought the Matsushita instead. So far it's worked out for me.

NICE!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top