Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2005 8:50:31 AM EDT
I have been reading a book called Missed Fortune 101 that refers to using whole life insurance as a vehicle for investing with the great advantage of tax avoidance on your withdrawls by pulling them out in loans to yourself.  I have been investing in IRA's Simple & Roth but I don't like the tax concequences of when I do start withdrawing and also don't like the fact that I get hit with a 10% penalty for early withdrawl.  Just curious if someone here has done this and is in the actual stage of withdrawing and how it is working out for them. Thanks for anyinfo.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Permanent life insurance should be used last as an investment vehicle.  Generally, fill out your Roths and then employer retirement plan.  You can withdraw your Roth contributions tax and penalty free.  Remember, your Roth contributions have already been taxed.

Consider ETF's and/or tax-managed no load funds for your after-tax investments.

Whole life could be considered the "safe" portion of savings , along with CDs, fixed annuities, etc.

Whole life insurance should not be considered an "investment" regardless of it's special tax status.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top